Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Anxious to turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vacuum plugs? I don't plan on running a catch can for a little while. We'll see how my install goes next week, if I have the time/money I will do it.
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
      blah, lots of misconceptions and missing info in this thread. Water/alcohol injectors are a great idea but you'd definately be pushing the stock limits power wise. Tuning is also a big key to keep that setup going. Colder air means denser air, meaning the a/f ratio will get leaner and it needs to be compensated with fuel and timing adjustments.

Random crap u might be missing 92ex :
      Nuts, bolts, hose clamps/t-clamps, oil pan gasket, gasket for all the turbo parts, extra wire, crimp connectors and such.

I used the oil system cleaner b4 i turbo'd, have run regular, then synthetic, and switched back again (probably not a good idea but i didn't know at the time). I've used the oil system cleaner twice and one time it was seafoam that i did it with. I'm using Mobil 1 synthetic 10w-30. The reason i'm using synthetic is not because of the improved friction coefficient its because of the temperature at which synthetic oil breaks down. The turbo's temperature is very hot and to keep the oil from breaking down and "coking" i use synthetic. Where regular oil breaks down at 250* synthetic breaks at 290-300+*.

The zeitronix unit is just a good unit. Simple, cheapest on the market, easy to understand and if u have a laptop u don't need to buy the costly LCD display they offer.

The LCD display is only like $100. That is a lot cheaper than me buying a laptop. I don't fully understand the datalogging.. does the wideband unit itself do that or will I need a laptop for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
        The LCD display is only like $100. That is a lot cheaper than me buying a laptop. I don't fully understand the datalogging.. does the wideband unit itself do that or will I need a laptop for that?
        theres a small control box that accepts the input readings from the wideband sensor and there is another wire plug in that is connected to the rpm wire, throttle position wire, etc. From the control box there is an output that plugs into a fitting that comes with the whole unit and the fitting goes into one of the ports on the laptop...the I/O port i think i can never remember. I don't think u can save a log on the display and go back and see exactly where u needed to work on things is the beef i have with the display...it is pretty tho
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

So then it saves the data in the control box? If so then I could just set up my computer in my garage and download the readings onto that...

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
            So then it saves the data in the control box? If so then I could just set up my computer in my garage and download the readings onto that...
            no it saves to the laptop....the box is to transfer and decode the data.
            I hate thieves!

Comment

So that means I have to have a laptop to do datalogging then ... fucking *** Oh well I'll just borrow a friends laptop or something.

Comment

Working...
              X