Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

AC friendly Turbo Manifold (F22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC friendly Turbo Manifold (F22)

Sorry if this has been asked before ... could not find any thing by searching.

from what i can tell most manifolds for the F22 require you to loose AC. is there any manifolds that allow you to keep AC?

people have done it with the DSM manifold...

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
      people have done it with the DSM manifold...
      any tips or advise or what to search for?

Comment

Just search for dsm setups there are plenty of them floating around.

Comment

Originally posted by StrungOutPunk
          If your that worried about saving the AC, I would suggest to get a custom manifold made for the F22 although that is an expensive alternative. Although there are ways to keep the AC with the DSM setup. Search it up.
          good point. some say it cant be done. others have done it..there is no 100% answer. but custom manifolds can get pricey

Comment

jd1, do you have any pics under the hood. I'd like to see your turbo motor
            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Look into a log style manifold you can get it as a kit and weld them yourself as low as $149. plus it alow u to keep AC and front mount also. My turbo flange was off by 1 inch so I had to remove my front mount. go to their web site http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/index2.html , It an alternate to DSM manifold and it is 100% AC compatable... here a pic of my old JDM F22A setup.
              90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
              < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

I have some old ones but none of the ones of the kit that is about to go back in.

Comment

BTW I would go DSM intstead of log. It's cheaper and flows better. If you want to retain ac (DSM) you can either make your own O2 housing or extend the ac line by about 2in so it comes out a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by jd1
                    BTW I would go DSM intstead of log. It's cheaper and flows better. If you want to retain ac (DSM) you can either make your own O2 housing or extend the ac line by about 2in so it comes out a little more.
                    Make sure if you redrill your own DSM to be careful, many have cracked their turbo header under 15psi of boost and lead to boost creep and blown rings.
                    DOn't know if the DSM will req an civic or teg radiator and slim fan, but the log mani can uses both stock accord radiator and fan.. but dsm are cheaper amd more people are using them.
                    90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                    < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

DSM works with factory everything. If you buy a cracked mani you need to stop smoking it.

Comment

this is off topic, but i heard 450cc injectors are useless after 10lbs of boost :\

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=accord_drocca

Comment

Originally posted by Accord_droccA
                          this is off topic, but i heard 450cc injectors are useless after 10lbs of boost :\

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                          bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Originally posted by Accord_droccA
                            looks about right. I looked through a fuel map with the 450cc on the f22a motor, and after maybe 11lbs of boost the injectors hit over %80 duty cycle
                            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

on stock fuel pressure mabye...but you can get more out of them with upgraded fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator

Comment

Working...
                              X