Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

need advice about boost controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need advice about boost controller

ok, i need a boost controller to pretty much finish my turbo project and i've been looking at greddy's electronic boost controllers since i have a greddy turbo timer already (i like keeping name brands the same). is there a major differance between the greddy profec b and the greddy profec b spec 2 that you would say "get the spec 2, its worth the extra money"? its hard to find the spec 2 for less than $270 but i found a spec 1 for $150 that was only used for 6 months. im a patient guy so if the spec 2 is the way to go then i'll wait and save up the money but i would really like to finish this up and boost my accord already. thanks for the help

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

i think the only ppl using an electronic bc are sparkle and accord SIR...i can't think of anyone else that would be able to help. Can u list the specs of each?
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

aloha arrozburner
      just get the digital one. my friend has the 1 w/knobs. he likes it. just hard to adjust quickly (on-the-fly) because u have to watch your boost gauge. he got it for free so he just runs it. but, he said that he would run the prfec2 spec b because of the display (i think it can give boost readings)

oh ya, the lights u sold me are dope. hope u enjoyed your visit.

Comment

thats why i want the spec 2 cuz of the digital dispaly. i guess i could wait a bit more until i find a good price on the spec 2. as for specs, theyre both basically the same except the spec 2 has the dispaly that shows how much boost youre running while the og spec 1 only has the knobs and you have to figure out the boost yourself like repherence said, with your boost gauge. plus the spec 2 looks a whole lot better

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Originally posted by repherence1
          oh ya, the lights u sold me are dope. hope u enjoyed your visit.
          im glad theyre working out for you and hawaii was beautiful! i havent seen you post here ina long time i figured you just used for my headlights and moved on

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

You doin a DSM setup?

Comment

the only reason i could see for buying a electronic boost controller is to ensure a flat boost setting with no creep or dips. Or if u were gonna be going betwen high and low boost alot.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

im going with a custom setup...t3/t4, external wg...yeah, custom and i want to build it the right way the first time thats why its taking me a while to finish. but i will be going from low to high boost not necessarily often, but enogh times to warrant a ebc plus i like the added security. im probobly going to be running 10psi daily and increasing it to 17psi when i hit the track. ofcourse im going to build the engine to handle this setup so no worries there.

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Well then +-7psi warrants it. Let us know what u chose

Comment

yea dude i was thinking about getting one too AND FUCKING CONGRADS ON MAKING A CUSTOM SET UP!!!!! Props to u bud, dsm is the easy way out! F that poo! I think i am just gonna do like 14 on the street and the track, but then again when i get my car all done im gonna wanna pump the boost so ill prob get one too....please take some pics when u get it and install id love to see it!
                    My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

Originally posted by high c
                      yea dude i was thinking about getting one too AND FUCKING CONGRADS ON MAKING A CUSTOM SET UP!!!!! Props to u bud, dsm is the easy way out! F that poo! I think i am just gonna do like 14 on the street and the track, but then again when i get my car all done im gonna wanna pump the boost so ill prob get one too....please take some pics when u get it and install id love to see it!
                      screw you. excuse the hell out of us who dont have enough money to buy all kinds of crazy expensive parts

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

dsm is the easy way out! F that poo!
                        wow, thats harsh

On another note, boost controllers, I haven't had any expeirence with the greddy w/digital display, cost or features. Though, it is bad A$$, I am sure it cost a big chunk of change. You can see what the hell your adjusting without having to deal with the knobs unlike the previous model. My friend has that on his 2nd gen teg. I think its a waste of time, I rather play tuning in tokyo and play with those knobs. I love my avc-r, shit is tight, easy to use and you can see what your doing and watch some vitals as well. Unlike the previous avc-r model. Go with the greddy.
                        Carlos
                        My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                          screw you. excuse the hell out of us who dont have enough money to buy all kinds of crazy expensive parts

ill skip the screwing and go straight to the fucking...so fuck u bud. I dont have all this cash flowin out my pockets, IM IN COLLEGE! I work the summer making about 11 an hour and bust my ass, dont buy anything i want but car parts...
                          it has nothing to do with "being able to buy crazy expensive parts", all i do is make my parts. Such as manifolds and shit like that. I and my brother work our asses off and try and do it the cheapest way possiable and still make it safe. We like to do everything ourselves bc we dont trust other peeps with our cars. I honestly dont understand how anyone could, think of all the time and energy you have put into your accord, why put it in the hands of someone else when it comes to building and such when u can just go to school and learn how to do it? The most expensive thing i have bought for my engine is a set of arais forged pistons...I am not even in school for automotive, actually on a whole other spectrum, and i still have the ability to build all my own shit, so yea, taking a manifold that is on a dsm and redrilling it to fit your head is the easy way out...and will also prob cost about as much as me making my own manifold. Which is easier, taking a already made mani and using it, or fabbing a mani and using it? Point proved.

Comment

ill skip the screwing and go straight to the fucking...so fuck u bud. I dont have all this cash flowin out my pockets, IM IN COLLEGE! I work the summer making about 11 an hour and bust my ass, dont buy anything i want but car parts...
                            it has nothing to do with "being able to buy crazy expensive parts", all i do is make my parts. Such as manifolds and shit like that. I and my brother work our asses off and try and do it the cheapest way possiable and still make it safe. We like to do everything ourselves bc we dont trust other peeps with our cars. I honestly dont understand how anyone could, think of all the time and energy you have put into your accord, why put it in the hands of someone else when it comes to building and such when u can just go to school and learn how to do it? The most expensive thing i have bought for my engine is a set of arais forged pistons...I am not even in school for automotive, actually on a whole other spectrum, and i still have the ability to build all my own shit, so yea, taking a manifold that is on a dsm and redrilling it to fit your head is the easy way out...and will also prob cost about as much as me making my own manifold. Which is easier, taking a already made mani and using it, or fabbing a mani and using it? Point proved.
                            1. Im in college as well. im just as broke as everyone else on this site. probable more so than people think. people think im rich because of what my car looks like.

2. i did EVERYTHING on my car myself.

3. building your own manifold is NOT going to cost less or just as much as a DSM manifold. not everyone has a welder, and they are not cheap. not to mention the DSM manifold was designed by an engineer, not a guy in his garage with a few pipe elbows and welder.

i still dont see how this is the easy way out. If you think it was easy being ONE of the first people to actually complete a full DSM turbo setup you have another thing coming. do you think it was easy to learn how to chip an ECU and actually run it on an accord when only 2 people had ever done it before you? no, it wasnt.

the only reason the DSM setup is "easy" is becuase people like Wikked, midnite and myself, put a lot of hours in making the information available to everyone
                            Last edited by Accord R33; 04-04-2005, 12:47 AM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

i dont wanna get into a pissing contest with ya, u have your way of doing things and so do i. If you really wanna get techinical about flow characteristics the dsm mani is designed for a 1997 cc engine, and our accord are about 200cc over that...so this will fuck the flow characteristics, or atleast make it a lot different, which wouldnt be too much different then someone building it off hand in a garage with a welder...

And that is great bud if you guys were the pioneers of mating something to an engine that wasnt made for it, thats cool and all, and i am not taking away from it, MY .02 is just that a dsm mani and everything else is the easy way out bc it has already been done for you. thats all.

Comment

Working...
                              X