Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

SpeedFactory F22A Turbo Manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SpeedFactory F22A Turbo Manifold

http://www.facebook.com/speedfactoryracing?ref=stream

Like them on Facebook for more information.

Wow that looks good!!!
    Accord Of The Month January 09
    Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
    BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

I want!

Lol @ The comment about the Bisimoto knocks

8 Accords so far:
      '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
      '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
      (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

You couldn't pay me enough to get a Facebook account; what's the Bisi comment say, you have me curious?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

"Better weld your name on it SF before Bisi Moto gets at and makes it his own lol"

Comment

Clean welds, compact design... but it is really that much different from a quality log manifold?

Comment

shiny

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
              It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Clean welds, compact design... but it is really that much different from a quality log manifold?

yes. it is much different from a log manifold. In power, efficiency....everything.
                www.850fab.com
                IG - @850Fab
                FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

What makes it that much better?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    What makes it that much better?
                    The fact that when cylinders 1 & 4 fire their exhaust gasses don't pass by existing exhaust ports 2 & 3 when being exhausted?
                    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

AKA Min Ram.....Manifold looks identical to my KS built one, witch is holding 650+. Very cool that Speed Factory has these off the shelf for our engines now Deev its a lot better....log manifold have horrible waste gate placement, doesnt have a collector for smoother flow, it causes boost spike, and EGT's will be hotter. Log manifold also has a lot sharper 90° angles, just more of a bottleneck restriction than a tubular mini ram.

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                      MRT F22B - 643whp - 529tq @ 30psi
                      11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

I'm asking more for the fact that having such detailed information on WHY people should want this (other than the fact that it's shiny) rather than out of my own ignorance. I do know a thing or two...

Comment

I'd like to see this installed. I'm curious what kind of clearance there is between the alternator and compressor housing when running a T4 .70A/R compressor.

I don't see a wastegate flange on this example...what kind of wastegate options are there for this manifold?
                          SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
                          -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Those 4 pipes don't merge. I don't know of any turbo with an inlet THAT big... so I'd assume a collector would need to be added to this as well. In doing that, the position of the turbo would depend on the length of the collector. I could see it plopping the turbo easily where the AC compressor should go (which would be a convenient location.)

Comment

It might not be equal length but they do merge into a collector -

I also have a .70A/R compressor on my 6262 in my car but I dont have this design manifold so I cant be much help to say if you can even run a air filter with this manifold. Also the mounting flange off the collector in the picture is not welded yet so I assume this is not finished and they still need to add a wastegate flange as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X