Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DSM turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSM turbo

You guys know the t25 is smaller than the 14b? and that the 16g is about the same size as the 14b? But the EVO3 16g is supposed to be like the ish right?

You guys know a turbo that could work better than a 14b but cost under that a E316G cost?

The 16g would be the ideal size turbo for our 2.2L engines. The intake temps coming out of the compressor would also be cooler compared to the smaller 14B at higher psi levels. 6-8 psi would be good with stock internals.
    1993 Accord LX Coupe 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by ssondubs View Post
      The 16g would be the ideal size turbo for our 2.2L engines. The intake temps coming out of the compressor would also be cooler compared to the smaller 14B at higher psi levels. 6-8 psi would be good with stock internals.
      Until the ringlands take a crap. You are lucky if it even lasts really. Even with that low of psi.
      The CB7 Collector.
      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

I had an extremely conservative tune, running e85 + meth and still blew ringlands on a MHI-16g(Evo 16g)

It lasted for a while. Like 3,000 miles or so. I planned on killing the engine while I worked out the tune so my forged assembly wouldn't have to take the abuse.

Thats kinda how I do it. Setup turbo on stock motor AFTER new motor is built. Work tune out on stock engine, knowing its going to explode. Run it until I see smoke.

Swap, adjust tune and be done with it. I bought my spare f22's for $100 each at the junkyard. I still have a spare in my shop for if/when I decide to do something else.

Spent about $1000 on forged rods/piston and machine work. Nothing crazy just a hot tank/inspection, polished undamaged crank and a typical valve job.

The rest was gaskets, seals and shit I had laying around. Used a DSM manifold that was extra, 16g from a previous build, stock injectors from a dsm build etc.. You get the point.
        Last edited by toycar; 02-05-2013, 10:10 AM.
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
        X