Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

need advice on f23a1 head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need advice on f23a1 head

So most of you know i have been running a f23a1 block wit a ported and polished f22a6 head it's been my daily and has been reliable even under boost BUT yesterday i noticed my head gasket seemed to be leaking on the back of the block where the head and block meet...so this being said i think im gonna just slap the f23a1 head i have on there I'm probably gonna pprt and polish it as well but what else should i upgrade and WHERE do i find a turbo cam for the f23? Only positive feed back please im tired of hearing all the negative comments thanks for any and all advice

Do you have ARP Head Studs? The head might have lifted off the block under boost. If you don't I would definitely invest in some. I believe that after 500 miles you have to retorque the head after install. I would look into Bisimoto or Delta for an F23A cam; and if you have the cash get the Bisimoto valvetrain as well so you can run the bigger 2.4 cam for more gains.
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

I vote ARP headstuds and the F22b dohc head being sold in the classified area!
      MadLab Racing
      Southern Maryland

Comment

Yes i do have arp head studs so i doubt the head lifted but where do i get a delta cam everyones always talking about them but ive yet to find a website or anything for them..i am aware of bisimoto though i was just wondering how many companies made a cam for the f series

What's the difference between h22 and f20b dohc heads? I prefer staying sohc when boosting my personal preference but im open to any ideas as for im still driving mine just wanna gain performance with as little down time as possible
        Last edited by Jarrett; 04-17-2013, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7ronnie View Post
          where do i get a delta cam everyones always talking about them but ive yet to find a website or anything for them.
          Did you google?

http://deltacam.com/
          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
          If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

How is a different type of the the solution to a blown headgasket? Check the F22A head for warpage that could very well have existed previous to the swap. Then, replace the headgasket, follow proper torque procedures and reinstall.

The difference between a PCB F20B head and a P13 H22A head are the combustion chamber diameters. They also belong on their respective blocks.

This strange website came up when I Googled "delta camshaft":

http://deltacam.com/
            Last edited by Jarrett; 06-17-2013, 12:12 PM.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thanks for the website...and yea i tried google and every site seemed like a site i coulda set up so i doubt I'll be trusting any place that looks like it was designed by a retard with no computer skills like myself..and thanks for being a douche about the site since it must have been so much work to copy the link jarret and the f22a6 was rebuilt to spec before installation so there SHOULD'VE been no wear again thanks guys

Comment

I would doubt that its the head gasket leaking, more likely valve cover or something.

Comment

If you're going turbo, just use the F23 head. it will fit properly with no issues.

Honestly, you really don't even need a "turbo cam" unless you're looking to make an obscene amount of power. You can most likely make more power than you could use on the street with a completely stock head, and a block built to take the abuse.

If you want a turbo cam, Bisimoto has one for you. Took me all of 30 seconds to find, and 27 seconds of that was navigating their infuriatingly inefficiently designed website.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    If you're going turbo, just use the F23 head. it will fit properly with no issues.

Honestly, you really don't even need a "turbo cam" unless you're looking to make an obscene amount of power. You can most likely make more power than you could use on the street with a completely stock head, and a block built to take the abuse.
                    deevergote's right. Don't bother polishing or porting the head; the water jackets are pretty tight on there so you can't go wild anyway. Just have it checked out for warping, get it surfaced, and maybe give the valves a little love to make sure they are sealing.

Throw on the stock TB, stock F23 IM, stock F23 head, stock cam and it's ready to make ~450whp. Upgraded springs/retainers and a built block and it's good to go.
                    Last edited by J_Hart; 06-17-2013, 09:05 AM.

10.2:1 F-series, 417whp, 398lb/ft Single-Cam on pump gas

Comment

450whp might be pushing it on the stock sleeves. I'm sure it can be done, but it's potentially inviting disaster.

Comment

If you are still having a tuff time with finding more information on the Bisimoto camshaft profiles give me a shout at the office, 888-922-6686 ext. 3, and I will be more than happy to assist you with a Bisimoto camshaft profile and valvetrain upgrades to meet your goals.

Comment

Working...
                        X