Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Arrozburner Boost Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrozburner Boost Project

I’ve been asked by a couple of people about the turbo setup I’m going to go with and instead of just sharing it with a couple of people, I figured I would share it with all of you to show another route other than dsm (although some dsm parts have been used). All of this will be installed on my F20A DOHC engine once its been rebuilt with new internals so that it could withstand my boosting needs. I plan on running about 10 psi daily and increasing it to about 17 psi when I hit the track…hopefully I’ll be putting down a lil over 250 whp but we wont find that out until its dyno tuned.

Let’s start off with fuel management which consists of an AEM fuel rail, Walbro 250 lph fuel pump and 450cc dsm injectors

Next is the blow off valve. I went with the [b]HKS SSQV{/b]

Next is the wastegate. I went with an external wastegate simply because I feel it is a lot safer than an internal…although they both serve the same purpose, I went with a 40mm Tial WG

“Why so big of a WG?” you may ask…well so that it could fit my ram horn style, equal length, stainless steel full race manifold

and what are we going to bolt on to that bad boy? The heart of this turbo setup is a t3/t4 garrett turbo

to chill the hot gases coming from the turbo is a Greddy intercooler

and to check on some vital stats and make sure this setup lasts me for a long time is an AC Autotechnic boost gauge

Greddy Turbo Timer

and a chipped P06 ecu to control this whole setup.

I’m still missing a couple of parts to fully complete my setup:
    - Greddy Profec B Spec 2 electronic boost controller …next week (hopefully)
    - Oil line kit …2 weeks
    - some intercooler piping (2.5” piping all around) …1 month
    - downpipe/dump tube …1 month
    - fushigi front mount relocator …once fushigi gets off his a$$ and puts it out
    - intake gasket …2 weeks (look for a pm from me rebels)
    - AEM FPR and pressure gauge …1 month
    - AEM Cam gears …whenever a good deal comes by
    [b]- upgraded ignition components …???dont know what to get???

Misc items I hope one day to get:
    - AEM EMS
    - cam shafts
    - Samco hoses
    - NOS intercooler sprayer

and im still going to be building up my block to hold a good amount of boost with new..

rods (???), sleeves (Darton) and pistons (JE)

once the head is off I might as well get a good port and polish for better flowing. So as you can see, there is still some work to do to finish my lil turbo project. Luckily I’m a patient guy but sometimes I just wish I was rich so that I could finish this and install it…I WANT BOOST!!!

and as always, comments, feedback and suggestions are always welcomed.

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

thats a nice manifold
    www.2camcrew.com

Comment

dayam ramiro you don't mess around! i didn't even know you were going forced induction. ah this build up should be LOADS OF FUN!!!
      1cor10:31
      - 92 LX coupe
      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

nice ingredient$$..

could u resize those pic's a lil?

any pic's of the engine as it is?

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
        For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

Comment

damn dude i like the mani...def good luck with the build
          My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

specs on the turbo? Bigger injectors will be in order also, might i suggest something in the 550-660 range? Getting a wideband to do ur tuning?
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

hehe sweet me like

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
              bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Looks like your almost set, i cant wait to see this put all together, make sure to keep us updated on the progress of the install so far so good

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                Frost White Member 13
                My Ride
                "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

You have some great parts to work with! That's going to be a nasty setup

Are you planning on upgrading from DSM 450cc or are you staying w/ them?

Comment

More pics of the mani. The collector looks like a OBX mani. The welds don't look that great either. What material is that and what do the inside of the welds look like. I didn't know full race made a mani for us accordians cause I would have bought one already.

Comment

yea he's right the welds aren't that great and the design is slightly flawed too. Look at cylinder 1's runner compared to cylinder 4...see how they added in a piece of pipe to make everything fit together? Regardless...good find but what was the final price on the manifold?
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

can't wait to see it done

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

Working...
                        X