Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Integra Greddy GSR turbo kit onto CB7 H22a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integra Greddy GSR turbo kit onto CB7 H22a

One of my friends is hinting on getting rid of his turbo kit...but I know for sure the manifold and piping will not work. The main thing I could use is the 18G turbo and his johnnyrace intercooler.. The greddy prelude turbo kit uses a 18G as well but it's TDO6H or somethin compared to 18GTDO5 blah blah somethin like that. Still a 18G turbo and i'm not looking to make insane amounts of power anyways...just a little boost kick.

My question is, is there any company out there that makes a "DSM flanged" h22a turbo manifold? All I can find is T3/T4 flanged aftermarket manifolds.

Will a 18G from a Integra GSR kit fit a Greddy H22A turbo manifold? I mean.. it's still a Mitsubishi turbo and I think I heard of people using mitsubishi upgraded 20G's on these greddy kits?!?!?

I got in contact with greddy but they don't want to sell just a replacement manifold unless the original manifold is proved to be broken etc. or if the kit was bought from somewhere else other than a Greddy dealer. Go figure.

I called around and local shops want to charge $450 on up for a custom turbo manifold....which basically makes this not a budget boost option at all.
    I need a custom turbo manifold built....
    707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
    "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

just a thought.

one day i got irie eyed and started thinking, if they make adapter plates for turbos, and since basically no one makes manifolds for f22a motors i thought, just make a header adapter to use a b series manifold on a f22a head. plus the fact that used b series turbo manifolds are always being sold on HondaTech.
    so i sent a PM to wieracing on homemadeturbo.com and asked if he could make me a 1" adapter to fit a b series manifold to a f22a head. he lined up the two exhaust manifold gaskets and said that it could be done. so, u could always buy the greddy manifold as well and have weiracing make u an adapter. i think he quoted me about $60 shipped to hawaii for a mild steel adapter and i think it was $75 shipped to hawaii for me if it was made out of stainless. i think he is in canada too. he could not understand why i would want to pay that much for an adapter-- but i to me it seems worth it... or maybe because there just aint no parts for boosting f22a motors here in hawaii.
    just a thought u may want to look into. i think that greddy kit in an accord would be pretty kool. basically the whole turbo assembly (manifold/turbo) would sit an inch further from the head with the adapter.

Comment

You should speak to phenix-turbo.com 1877-23-turbo and ask to speak to ken he should be able to answer you he answered my prayers to the turbo gods he knows his shit.

Comment

Working...
      X