Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

turbo'd h22a ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo'd h22a ?

Hey guys whats the dealie...i was wondering if i could turbo upgrade the big ol H without touching internals.....you know how we are sometimes low on the cash....maybe boosting it at 5-8 psi....any info would be great!
    cb7 A NEW ERA

www.turbo-kits.com

go ahead and boost... not too much tho....

or......

rrrrrrrrrrrrAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA............. .. stumble stumble... pop..... lol j/k

Centre PA SCCA

Comment

IMO, I would never boost the h22 unless the bottom end was redone....
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
        IMO, I would never boost the h22 unless the bottom end was redone....

Well you can...and make over 400whp...

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1171997

Comment

If you do it properly, yes

Comment

either he's lieing or his motor is about to blow up... seriously 18 psi on a stick h bottom end...
            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
              either he's lieing or his motor is about to blow up... seriously 18 psi on a stick h bottom end...
              No and no.

Cut timing is a big factor to engine longevity.

He must've faked the dyno graphs too, right?

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                there was one guy on SHO who was running 10psi on his stock h22a and was making 250whp...........put over 110K miles on it like that.......
                thats pretty shitty for an h22 at 10 psi. i wouldn't turbo it because the bottom end it weak as fuck

Comment

Originally posted by WeDgE
                  No and no.

Cut timing is a big factor to engine longevity.

He must've faked the dyno graphs too, right?
                  not hard too......jk. I dont know. 400 whp on 18 lbs with 16* timing I think it was.... I don't know... I would never do it... that's why I said IMO don't
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

It depends on the engines condition,how long you plan on boosting,and oh last but not least anymotor can blow up it depends also on whos tuning it and what condition its in and can you keep up with the maintenance like any other turbocar and notice a problem. I say build it before you boost any motor better safe than sorry. Just make sure you have a spare ride to work and such .

Comment

There are lots of turbo h22's in this with stock internals but use a thicker head gasket to lower the compresssion. There is a place called Inline Pro that has built lots of them. From what I understand the customers have been running like that for a couple of years. If you decide to call them, speak with Stan.
                      600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

I ran my h23 with stock internals at 12 psi for over 9 months before i built a solid block...as long as your timing and your fuel raito are dead on you shouldnt have any problems. All of my customers who have tried to tune h22, h23, and b16 motors with out going to a pro to do it have leaned out and detonated....thats what kills turbo motors. You need at least an SAFC and someone to do the tuning for you....otherwise...leave it alone. My race team (High Altitude Performance)stock bottomend b16 in a 89 civic with SAFC II and 450 injectors ran a dyno best of 368hp and 305 ft/lbs of torque. Id say thats pretty damn good with 14 psi.

Id do it if your low on cash...but keep the boost under 10 and get it professionally tuned.

Comment

its scary.. lol.. vtec needs high compression.. so ive heard..but the powers that can come out of a boosted h22.. cawt damn..
                          1st Car 1990 Accord Ex-R*Dead // Tow Truck
                          2nd Car 1992 Integra Gs*Dead // Tree//Water
                          3rd Car 1992 Accord Ex-R // Keepin For EVER!!

Comment

Originally posted by h22a_4thGen
                            its scary.. lol.. vtec needs high compression.. so ive heard..but the powers that can come out of a boosted h22.. cawt damn..

Vtec doesn't depend on compression...

Comment

I ran my stock block with an inline pro headgasket for a lil over a year. Daily boost being 8psi with the time to time 11psi blasts. Only reason that motor let go was because I ran about 13-14psi due to boost creep and I didn't the car past 11psi. But if I was you, sleeve and build the block from the start. The stock h22 on the link that WeDgE gave you is sick for a stock block. Here is another link of a stock h22: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=749784, his #3 rod bolts failed.
                              Carlos
                              My Members Ride Page

Comment

Working...
                              X