Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

s/c afterall?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s/c afterall?

I am guessing that is a b18c... not very knowledgeble about the civic/teg's. But anyways, how easily could a supercharger like that be rigged up to fit an h22/f22 setup? Doesnt look like it would be very hard seeing as how it all looks the same.

Since the only substitute is the JRSC which you gotta "modify" the firewall to fit, this one looks good. I prolly would never get around to it, but it would be a cool thing to try. I love the sound of a supercharger, so thats why over a turbo that you could build easily/cheaply.

Thoughts, comments, flaming?

sorry for the huge picture.. just found it on the net. Any specs/links to such a beast would be nice.

Comment

s/c afterall?

that looks like a b16 to me. that is a vortec blower and i dont think it would work at all on an h22a. i have an eg civic with an h22a swap and it is not even the same animal as the b16. unless vortec makes a kit specific for the h22a i would think it would take quite a bit of custom fab to make it work. check vortec's web site. im pretty sure they do not make a kit for an h22a

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=22013
      cb7tuner.com Cleveland division

Comment

yeah, only people who make a kit for h22 are the jackson racing ones.. they sit on top of the IM, but you have to cut and push back the firewall to make room. So what is all different from the b16 to the h22. Looks like a pretty easy fabrication job to me, the mounts for the pulley look almost exact, same dimensions across and to the back. Only difference would be where it connects to the IM/head.. however it does that.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
          you'd have problems with space even mounting it there.....the drive shaft has to go from the compressor to the other side and there isn't much room up front on an accord
          Umm.. Only thing that would come close to interfering would be the upper radiator hose, and that can be stetched over/under w/o much effort.

sorry to use your pic.. best one showing the front end.. at least its the cleanest one i could have
          Last edited by aero; 04-30-2005, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Like I said, only thing that is possibly in the way is the upper rad hose, which you could take care of by finding one with a bend in it to drop it ~ 1-2 inches where the shaft would come across.

I would just like to see some numbers, and maybe how much, and what would be needed in the IM area.

edit: now that i look at it, that s/c has an adapter plate where it mounts, so must not be made for that application. I wonder where its from.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
              to me it looks like the motor up top has a header that starts down a LOT sooner/closer to the motor than your's....look at that part......most b16 headers aren't as flat up top.......they start down nearly instantly

you couldn't use ABS, you would have to do something about connecting it to the belt assembly...

if someone would make it, sure, but no one does
              Well, i dont have abs.. so im not sure where that gets in the way, but if you just think that the shaft would be coming out of the middle of hte PS pump pictured, you would have plenty of clearance. And that loooks about where it would mount. If you needed it a little higher up, you could put it higher up, im sure there is a belt that would work. I just want to know where the kit came from of off of what... i think it would be pretty simple to fab up a kit.

edit: i see the ABS crap now.. it wouldnt be worth trying to work around to keep it.

Comment

the vortec style blower could be possible, move the battery and you have a lot of room due to the angle of the motor.
                Former Ride:
                93 Accord Coupe
                Jdm H22 w/ LSD
                Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
                Bone stock 99 2.3CL
                Black on Black Leather
                5spd

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn."
                C. S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by exratedaccord93
                  the vortec style blower could be possible, move the battery and you have a lot of room due to the angle of the motor.
                  just found that yes, it is a vortec engineering s/c . Mounts were custom fabbed up, and its a b18b.

And my battery is already out of the way...

Comment

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...integrals.html
                    holy sheet... well cross that off of the things to do. They make them for the teggies... and at $4,770 .. i wont be fabbing up a kit any time soon... one day, i might do it though.

adding 100 hp and 60 torque wouldnt be too bad, but i dont think its worth that kinda money.

Comment

Im buying one and moding it to fit my cb7 wish me luck

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                      bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Originally posted by micksf22accord
                        Im buying one and moding it to fit my cb7 wish me luck
                        i'll beleive it when i see it...if you are actually doing it, good luck cant wait to see it done.. if not .. just if i could get it like.. 75% off.. then it'd be all gravy.

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
                          i'll beleive it when i see it... just if i could get it like.. 75% off.. then it'd be all gravy.

not the fucking 4k one lmao I going to buy a chep ass one some where i have 2k to spend (was going to go for anothere cb7) o well but its worth a shot

Dynamic racing

Comment

Originally posted by micksf22accord
                            not the fucking 4k one lmao I going to buy a chep ass one some where i have 2k to spend (was going to go for anothere cb7) o well but its worth a shot
                            your full of shit......you try to hard for attention.
                            [deevergote]" It's not the car that makes the ricer... it's the ricer that ruins the car!"

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordcoupe93
                              your full of shit......you try to hard for attention.

? why is that? ?? im confused I think im going to buy the kit for the h22 and try it why am i full of shit?

Dynamic racing

Comment

Working...
                              X