Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22 turbo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 turbo question

i was wondering if anyone can give me a suggestion on which turbo would be better off to use on the h22a. the t25 turbo or the t3/t4 turbo. i need to decide because i am in the process of buying a manifold for either turbo and i must know which one is better off to go with (i don't want to waist money buying two different manifolds). plus i wanna be able to have full boost throughout top end. im also wondering if its true that the t25 doesn't boost well throughout the top end?

thats an easy one if ur just deciding between those two turbos...t3/t04 definately. The t-25 would die way to soon, may even die just after vtec kicked in.
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

the t25 is definitly going to be small and probably choke the motor and exhaust. I would go with a .63a/r back housing with a decent trim.
      ...constantly constructing

Comment

where could you get a t3/t4 turbo kit for a decent price that will fit the h22a accord swap

Comment

t3/t4 thats what im runnin now ill let you ask a couple of people how it runs. Dont get a t25 youll kill the h-series remember vtec all about flow.

Comment

got a site for the turbo kit

Comment

forget a turbo kit do it yourself youll learn more t3-t4 60trim 63 a/r and its a wrap unless your pushin more than 450whp

Comment

do what myself juss give me a site for the kit?

Comment

or a how to do and how much it would be to turbo the h22 in the cb7

Comment

Hey, CB7hYbrid i think I can help you out:

1. I really dont think that you would want to buy a kit because for one, (IMO) they are very expensive. You will probably find prices between 2500-3500 depending on what type of turbo is used, and the company and a whole bunch of unecessary crap.

2. I may be wrong on this but I havent seen any kits for a H22 swapped CB7. I know FMAX.com or something like that makes kits for the 5th gen's but I believe thats with the stock motor though.

3. Using a kit may require you to lose your AC and rearrange other aspects of your engine bay.

4. Unless you plan on running low boost, your "H" wont last too long with anything over 10psi on stock internals. So instead of buying a kit that could potential blow your motor, you should create your own setup to your exact specifications.

And, if you do go about making a custom turbo setup for your car, you can avoid all of the problems that I just said.

Making a turbo system is very easy. But before you start anything you need to know how much power you want. This will determine how much money you are going to spend.

But basically, all you need is the following:
                    Turbo, Exhaust Manifold with the proper flange for turbo, Wastegate(if turbo doesnt have an internal one), Blow-Off Valve, Oil-Line Kit, Injectors, Fuel Pressure Regulator or an FMU, Intercooler and the piping, Downpipe from turbo, and proper tuning. These are the essentials for a turbo system. Some people may disagree and they may say you need some more things but Whatever.
                    "The Fresh One"

Comment

youll shoot your eye out kid
                      H Twenty Twizzle

Comment

no thats where your wrong Phenix turbo makes them with the equal lenghts now. ANd everything is brand new with everything you want. NO delta bullshit and they bring actual cars in and test fit them for you in their own research and development. Be sure to ask for ken 1-877-23-turbo well worth the money. Get the kit from them its with the money and it will save you on future headaches i wish they made the shit when i started hookin my car up.

Comment

tight... thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                          X