Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

how is braking hooked up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how is braking hooked up?

Hey i just wanted to know how all you turbo guys have your brakes hooked up for vaccum? or do you even have to hook it up a different way? I know you are suppose to reroute the pcv valve to the inake on the turbo but don't the brakes need vaccum to work also? thanx!

about how much harder is it to press the pedal with there being no vaccum in a turbo setup? is it worth tying a vaccum line to the turbo intake or really not worth it. Thanx

Comment

so its ok to change nothing on the brake booster? having positive preasure isnt going to mess with anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Backfire32
        about how much harder is it to press the pedal with there being no vaccum in a turbo setup? is it worth tying a vaccum line to the turbo intake or really not worth it. Thanx
        i think you wont have any brakes cause its operated hydrolicly..unless u pump it a million times.

as for turbo dont ask me...lol.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

well if u do need a source of vaccum for it to work like it does without a turbo. is there any other vaccum sources other than the intake on the turbo to tie my pcv and brakes to for vaccum or should i just splice the pcv and brakes into one line then run it to a pipe on the turbo intake?

Comment

well from what i was reading to pull a vaccum on the pcv valve you tie it into the turbo intake to pull vaccum, well the brake booster has the vaccum line on it so i figured it would work constantly off of it. i just figured that since your under boost that when you are trying to stop that maybe there might not be enough time for the manifold to go to a vaccum state but i guess that it would be fine to runn the brake booster vaccum off the same spot it is even under boost. haven't boosted yet just thought it would be safe to ask before trying to boost and having no brakes would suk.

Comment

Working...
            X