Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

SFP Manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SFP Manifold

I was reading an old post and someone said the SFP Turbo Manifold will allow me to keep my Torque strap. Is this true, has anyone ran an SFP Manifold? Let me know. SFP Manifolds

1993 Accord Ex Coupe
    -1999 USDM H22A4, M2Y4
    -JDM 17" WedsSport RS-5
    -BFGoodrich T/A Sports 215/40/17
    -JDM Fujitsubo Legalis-R Exhaust
    -D2 Coilovers
    -JDM Headlights
    -Suspension Techniques Rear Swaybar
    -Axxis Metal Master Brake Pads
    -Recaro Seat

Originally posted by bbhondacb793
    I was reading an old post and someone said the SFP Turbo Manifold will allow me to keep my Torque strap. Is this true, has anyone ran an SFP Manifold? Let me know. SFP Manifolds
    yes its true. a friend of mine has one running on his 93 cb7 F22b1 turbo, and hasn't had any problems at all. it also allows you to keep your a/c lines if needed.
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

expensive manifold...
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

i've heard good and bad things...some ppl don't like the flow characteristics but atleast they have a lifetime warranty against cracking...too bad your car would have to sit till they determined who was at fault tho.
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Im looking at getting this manifold, but before I can justify the price I need to be 100% sure that I can keep my torque strap. If anyone has pics of their setup with this manifold, could you post them? Thanks again. Also I dont think its a lifetime warranty, only a three year warranty.

1993 Accord Ex Coupe
          -1999 USDM H22A4, M2Y4
          -JDM 17" WedsSport RS-5
          -D2 Coilovers
          -JDM Headlights
          -Recaro Seat

Comment

Doesnt anyone have pictures of this manifold with their turbo application?

1993 Accord Ex Coupe
            -1999 USDM H22A4, M2Y4
            -JDM 17" WedsSport RS-5
            -D2 Coilovers
            -JDM Headlights
            -Recaro Seat

Comment

look over at accordtuner.com. some 5th gens have that manifold. no one on this board has that manifold, at least that I know of.
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Heres a pic of my SFP... had 2 modd the SHITTTT out of it and NO i couldnt set it in there with the mount where it was cause not only was the turbo hitting the mount, it was also hitting the block.... i came 2 the conclusion that didnt have a fukkin clue what they were doing after they sent me the wrong manifold 2 times before they got it right... its a F22A1 by the way.... i shortened my mount and got rid of my A/C and its sittin where the A/C bracket was....

and flow characteristics... chekk this link out, its my new inspiration....
                and yes its an SFP mani...

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1249801

Comment

Thanks for the pictures, I have yet to find a turbo manifold for an F22a where I don't have to remove anything (torque strap, a.c.). Im sure its asking for a lot but there's got to be one somewhere. Im thinking im just going to go with this. I should be able to fabricate the log and mount to where the turbo wont be in the way of anything.
                  As for the Dyno Sheet, whats going on right around 7,700 - 7,800RPM... the dip and then surge in the horsepower and torque?

1993 Accord Ex Coupe
                  -1999 USDM H22A4, M2Y4
                  -JDM 17" WedsSport RS-5
                  -D2 Coilovers
                  -JDM Headlights
                  -Recaro Seat

Comment

i just dont think there is room between the alternator and the motor mount for ANY manifold, except mabye a top mount that would allow you too keep the motor mount.

WHY IS THIS SUCH A HUGE DEAL TO EVERYONE!!!! geeesh. fill the other mounts and call it day. i think Midnite really needs to post a vid of his engine bay just to show people they are so worried about absolutly nothing

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Im supposed to take a torque strap out, all the while increasing the torque with a turbo? Im sure Polyurethane bushings would work to some extent but the bushings make the car ride like crap. I have a buddy who just put them in his integra, his whole car vibrates. Give me some time and I will find a way that works.. with everything intact.

1993 Accord Ex Coupe
                      -1999 USDM H22A4, M2Y4
                      -JDM 17" WedsSport RS-5
                      -D2 Coilovers
                      -JDM Headlights
                      -Recaro Seat

Comment

aparently i have a magic car, because after a year with no torque strap, my engine mounts dont even show any sign of wear.

i understand your concern, but NOT going turbo becuase of it is a little extreem.
                        Last edited by Accord R33; 05-22-2005, 12:56 AM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33

WHY IS THIS SUCH A HUGE DEAL TO EVERYONE!!!! geeesh. fill the other mounts and call it day. i think Midnite really needs to post a vid of his engine bay just to show people they are so worried about absolutly nothing
                          ya know...i've explained it b4 and some ppl still don't wanna try it. I convinced sparkle to do it a while ago cause he had to get rid of his front motor mount for his turbo also and he's happy as can be with it. It doesn't vibrate excessively as i stated MANY times and i wouldn't have it vibrating like crap cause its my DD. As stated many times before also i have female passengers that don't even realize the car has been tinkered with at all if i don't say something about it. In closing...fuck it
                          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

i understand your concern, but NOT going turbo becuase of it is a little extreem.
                            I never said anything about not going turbo, I just said that I will find a way that works.

i think Midnite really needs to post a vid of his engine bay just to show people they are so worried about absolutly nothing
                            I agree, Id like to see it.

1993 Accord Ex Coupe
                            -1999 USDM H22A4, M2Y4
                            -JDM 17" WedsSport RS-5
                            -D2 Coilovers
                            -JDM Headlights
                            -Recaro Seat

Comment