Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

T-f22a6 intake mani idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-f22a6 intake mani idea

hey everybody,
    I've been thinking and planning my turbo set-up for awhile now. Writing down random items in which i would want to either replace or have done before i begin the turbo process.

One of the things i planned on doing was have a hondata heatsheild gasket put on. probelm is. they dont have it, or i might have to use a h23 one. So i may start designing one for us (f22's) just out of shits and giggles.

After that idea was put down, i thought about a thread on here saying that when we boost, and if we changed ecu's (p06) that our dual runners will not work anymore. so why have those butterflys and dual runner spacer in the way? and why not have it in that same material as the hondata gasket?

If both combined, the air temp would be decreased greatly and technically there would be more flow for the boost or even after some bolt-ons. (I just recently disconnected the hose for the dual runners and noticed a difference. Which gave me the idea since i felt i didnt have to use it anymore)

Hit me up with some thoughts on this idea. I'm going to try to order this material and see what i can pull off. If all goes well. I'll start making copies of them and sell them cheap for us cb7tuners!
    Last edited by Michalob; 05-25-2005, 05:30 PM.

Michalob's CB7

just rewire the valve on the black box to a 12v swith and if ur bostin it run the vaccum line off the black box to ur turbo air inlet to create vaccum, then u can open and close it anytime. thats what im goin to do for mine to work!

Comment

Originally posted by Backfire32
      just rewire the valve on the black box to a 12v swith and if ur bostin it run the vaccum line off the black box to ur turbo air inlet to create vaccum, then u can open and close it anytime. thats what im goin to do for mine to work!
      interesting idea. but techinically you wont need to worry about that when your boosting. i beleive a big purpose of the dual runners is for helping your engine suck in air better at low rpms. (thats why they open up at around 4k rpms) if your boosting, the engine isnt sucking in air. its getting that shit slammed in from the turbo!...lol.

Michalob's CB7

Comment

but not at first, so if it activates with your boost i dont see what the problem is.

My Ride
        myspace

Comment

Originally posted by 90AccordSiR
          but not at first, so if it activates with your boost i dont see what the problem is.
          true you got a point. oh well. it was just a random idea. im gonna still try to get it done though. i dont feel the need for the dual runners at the moment

Michalob's CB7

Comment

well i don't know about under boost but under vaccum without a turbo, if the runners are open at low rpm it kill off low end torque and i can testify to it being slower when at low rpm and the runners are open. mine is wired to a switch since i did the a1 a6 conversion. but i will tell you how it will work under boost with the runners open and closeed since i will be done with my turbo setup soon!

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
              or you can sell your a6 manifold and use the lx/dx manifold which is single runner anyway......port it out and smooth it up and you'll have better flow anyway
              ehh i wouldnt want to downgrade to those manifolds. if anything ill get an h23 manifold so ill have a bigger throttle body and runners anyways. and if i port that sucker. id be set. i just wanna try it out. see what happens. and also see how the heat resistance pulls off. i was just otu on a good mountain run with my buddy and the manifold was fairly hot. im curious if i can get temp down.

who will know if this will work until someone tries it out. cut me some slack guys. ill hopefully have the cutout for the runner next week when i get the material. and soon after that im gonna see what i can do about the intake manifold gasket.

Michalob's CB7

Comment

Am I missing something, because I have a "hondata" heatshield gasket for my Intake manifold. Is that what you're referring to?
                My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
                  Am I missing something, because I have a "hondata" heatshield gasket for my Intake manifold. Is that what you're referring to?
                  yes. they really dont have one for the f22. but since the h23 is the same. bingo. but i was more or less implying the combination of these 2 things to keep the intake manifold cooler and better flowing for forced induction application, or even some N/A cars. plus if i was to design these things. i was gonna sell them a heck of alot cheaper than hondata. they are roughly 60$ ouch in my eyes.

it seems like i wont be getting any positive input on this until i get the parts made.

Michalob's CB7

Comment

There is a couple people on this board who were selling heatshields made with the same phenolic material hondata uses, but at like 1/3 the price. Can anyone help him on who was selling them?

I got mine from a great seller, if you pm me, ill give u his AIM name. He's sells them @ around 34 bucks, and it fits our f22's fine. I slapped mine on there with no problems, it's made for our cars.

But i think your right, the h23 is the same.

Comment

yeah i saw on honda-tech, someone was selling these gaskets for 30 a pop. i thoguht to myself, why dont i just make my own. did some research on the material, and well gonna be ordering it soon. just thought id try to offer the idea up. im gonna make one ( i guess you can call it a spacer.) and an intake manifold gasket too. once i get those on ill be able to see how hot that intake manifold is. and in the future when i start boosting, ill hop on a dyno and switch between the 2. maybe ill see some gains. only time will tell.

Michalob's CB7

Comment

Well, just finshed putting on the new spacer i made. Went for a test ride and i personally feel a good difference. More responsive throttle and a bit quicker acceleration. As for now that was was only a quick test drive, but ill give input as i drive it more.

Since i guess the main goal for this (garolite or phynolic) was to keep the temp down. I even went ahead and made a throttle body gasket (1/8 inch thick) and rerouted the coolant flowing in the TB to keep temperature down. I was going to do the intake manifold gasket but i didnt have the time to rip off the manifold. The way those bottom bolts are hidden, its just a pain for me to get to them. So thats a future project... As for the turbo thats gonna benefit from the better flowing spacer.

Michalob's CB7

Comment

Good Stuff man. DIY's are always great if they work out. I wish I had the time to make shit myself, I always end up buying it (just the way I am), but good for you though. I'm not sure how much a TB gasket would help, since the intake is already warm from the engine anyway, you'd have to cool the intake down entirely for the TB gasket to have any effect. But, doing the bypass is a nice start, I will be doing mine when the summer starts. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                          X