Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

My sleeved and turbocharged accord is running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sleeved and turbocharged accord is running

Can you say sleeper.
    Well i got my car running the other day. It is an F22a1 block, with darton mid-sleeves in it. 85.5mm Race engineering (wiseco) forged 8.8:1 pistons. Deck height of block was obviously lowered so the c/r is higher then 8.8. Crower billet rods. Stock F22a/H23 crankshaft. All honda OEM bearings. OEM honda headgasket coppercoated.
    Head is fully ported/polished. Stainless valves, Delta 272 camshaft. F22a6 valvesprings. H23 plenium/t-body on F22a6 runners, but internally it is gutted from top to bottom, and ported. Took forever...
    Fuel injector clinic 850cc injectors. AEM fuel filter. Walbro 255 pump. AEM ems 1040U with built in wideband. Copper exhaust gasket. Aftermarket/New dsm style exhaust manifold ported a lotttt. Slowboy racing SBR-M60 turbocharger( T04e style housing with a 60-1 inside, standard bearing mitsu watercooled bearing section, ported 7cm turbine housing, with a TD06H turbine wheel, and 38mm internal gate. Victory performance 02 housing. Custom 2.5" downpipe (need larger). Custom 60mm intercooler piping. Spearco fmic.
    Kazzen speed balancer shaft elimination kit(oil psi is high), Forced Performance turbo oil feed filter w/built in restrictor drilled out to .065". H23 5spd. ACT XTSS clutch. ACT streetlite flywheel. Aluminum crank pulley. No A/C.... Full Nitrous express wet single fogger nitrous kit(35 shot). Wont be using the juice anytime soon...NGK BKR7E sparkplugs. MSD 6 series, blaster SS coil. MSD BTM(dont need with ems, but i wrote the ems' igniton map for race fuel, and i use the btm to take timing out on pump gas, and all i have to do is turn the knob on my dash to get my race fuel ignition map. GM 3 bar map sensor.
    I filed the piston ring endgaps. I think it was something like .017 topring, .024 second ring??? i forget, but nothing comes out of the valvecover breather
    Anyway, i spent the last 4 days tuning it with the AEM ems. I love it. Wonderful computer... Got it to idle/cruise good. And then came the boost. The wastegate was set at about 11psi. After tuning the thing felt like a rocket. Felt like 12's in the 1/4 with only 11psi!!! (if it could ever hook). Then the oil got changed and the boost got raised/tuned. 14psi it felt very fast. spinning tires in the topend of 3rd gear. Now today i put in Lucas real octane booster for boost. Rasied the boost to 17psi. Holy shit. This thing has to go 11's right now if it ever hooks. Heres how the boost builds. 1st gear is useless. 2nd gear is pretty useless too. 3rd gear peals alot above 5000rpm. Kind of dangerous... This thing needs coilovers bad...I have 24.5" tall slicks... Heres how the boost builds with this particular setup. At 3500rpm i have like 1-2psi. at 4300rpm i have 12psi, at about 5000rpm i have full boost (17psi right now on octane booster). I've been reving it to 7000rpm, and it does not fall off one bit. I dont know how high i'm safe to rev with my valvesprings... And i dont want to find out the hard way, but 7k is fine...
    I very badly need to get an autometer tach/shiftlite. Its impossible to look at the dash with this sort of power...
    Anyway i'll be going to the track hopefully one day this week. I'm gonna keep it at 17psi for now... see what it does. Plan to raise boost to 20-22psi. This particular compressor is only effecient from 15-23psi.
    Due to the aftermarket neglect to the F series i have to use fucking stock axles. One company makes them but there only rated to 200hp. what a joke... I'm probably gonna need custom axles eventually... But i'm going to launch it easy, and shift it easy this time at the track, just to play it safe... I'll be sure to post 1/4 mile times/dyno #'s. Oh, i almost forgot to add. To fit the large turbo i had to notch a lot of webbing off the block... And clock the compressor housing, reseal it, and tweak the w/g actuator rod.
    At 17psi it feels like its definaly making over 400hp. Lets see if i can set the F22 record... Oh, and it was not cheap to build this...
    Anyway here are the pics. Enjoy them.
    And if you are going to post crap about needing 2 cams and vtec to make Hp, do not post in my tread.
    Peace

Enjoy these...
    I'll post 1/4 mile times/dyno #'s soon.
    Peace
    12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
    11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
    F22a1
    60-1 td06h turbo
    Darton mid sleeves
    85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
    Crower pro billet rods
    Custom ported head.
    KMS valves
    F23 headgasket
    ARP H23 headstuds
    H23 upper intake manifold
    F22a6 lower intake manifold
    Intake manifold is gutted
    AEM EMS 1040u
    FIC 850cc injectors
    Walbro 255 pump
    H23 manual trans
    Prelude shifter assembly
    Forbidden short throw
    Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

can't wait

Comment

wow thats alot of money for all that stuff! post some vids of running it!

Comment

Bah... Only losers run a single cam!

Just playin man... Honestly, I'd rather boost the F22 than pay all the money needed to do it to an H22. Of course, you paid that already! Turbo is the great equalizer though. A single cam motor running 17psi will do just fine It would certainly kick my ass on the track!

If you ever care to meet up and throw me a few tips on putting a turbo system together (like the charge pipes...) lemme know! I'm putting my turbo setup together now, and I'd love some local help! Plus, I'd like to see your beast in person

Comment

WOW thats just SHWEET! I love what you have done.......thanks for posting everything you've done to it. < It'll help me out in the near future when I decide to boost my f22. Let us know how it holds up.

When you go to track get some video of it!

SLEEPER

Midwest car club

Current rides:
          91 accord lx (5spd)
          92 accord lx (5spd)
          93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Check out www.driveshaftshop.com ...I know they make axles for the Accord that can support 400hp for $700.

Nice sleeper, btw!

Comment

Yah man nice job on the parts list I had to break between paragraphs lmao Nice work, more pics?

WaC!

Comment

wow thats a crazy accord... id love to see a track video or dyno something

Comment

wow nice man...do i smell more than 5k of work in that motor? nice job, def a sleeper, lets see some times!

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                  11.68 @ 127mph
                  417whp/375wtq
                  Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Just curious, but how much did you throw into the car?

Midwest car club

Current rides:
                    91 accord lx (5spd)
                    92 accord lx (5spd)
                    93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Your cb7=inspiration to many

Keep up the Great work.
                      My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

A vid is a must

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

not bad now go get it tuned. And hide it away from prying eyes.

Comment

Your dedication to the F is really impressive and its def. inspirational to me as a younger member of the group!
                            You are def. on another level of performance than most! Your car is amazing, especially the fmic that makes it look SO awesomely sleeper and "shweeeeet!"
                            KEEP THAT SHIT UP!

-Zipcreature
                            Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

tci has axles rated @ 500+HP check em out.
                              http://www.tciauto.com/sport_compact.htm
                              Quagmire: Hey there sweetie, how old are you?
                              Connie: 16.
                              Quagmire: 18? You're first.
                              Connie: Mom!
                              Quagmire: I like where this is goin'! Giggidy, giggidy, gig-gi-dy!

Comment

Working...
                              X