Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

q about h22 turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

q about h22 turbo

does anyone know if you have to upgrade fuel pump to run turbo on a stock h22 motor (whats the max hp rating to run on a stock fuel pump). also is it necessary to run a front mount over a side mount or is that not a problem (considering only 7-8psi). and lastly what does an inline fuel pump do over a high flow fuel pump(what exactly is its purpose---> an inline fuel pump of course)? the thing is im only going to daily drive around 7-8psi and im wondering if these factors are necessary and if a log style manifold is a good idea to do over a equal length or a tubular manifold (i just wanted to make a decent amount of power without worrying about upgrading manifolds later)? sorry about all the questions being scattered around.

Originally posted by thastaniard
    does anyone know if you have to upgrade fuel pump to run turbo on a stock h22 motor (whats the max hp rating to run on a stock fuel pump). also is it necessary to run a front mount over a side mount or is that not a problem (considering only 7-8psi). and lastly what does an inline fuel pump do over a high flow fuel pump(what exactly is its purpose---> an inline fuel pump of course)? the thing is im only going to daily drive around 7-8psi and im wondering if these factors are necessary and if a log style manifold is a good idea to do over a equal length or a tubular manifold (i just wanted to make a decent amount of power without worrying about upgrading manifolds later)? sorry about all the questions being scattered around.
    Here's what I'm learning on my quest to boost:

1.) Any stock honda fuel pump can supply enough fuel to the engine to keep from blowing your engine, but the catch is, it puts additional stran on the fuel pump which shorten the life of the pump... could lead to atomic lude bomb.

2.)The rest of the questions is confusing, but anyway... Inline fuel pump doesn't offer many special physical benefit over in-tank pump... there are two benefit to this, to have better access to it in need of repair or replacement, and you are able to run a universial inline pump or a inline pump made for another vechical.

You also need to compair apples and oranges("what does a inline fuel pump do over a high flow fuel pump?")... The high flow pump pumps more fuel that the regular inline pump.

I hope this kinda helps, but I encourage you to research and shop... cause if you ever had to replace a gas pump before, it ain't something you want to be doing very often!

Caleb
    My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Working...
    X