Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

SERIOUSLY considering going turbo. Questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
    Here's my plan...I wanna go with a light pressure (7-8psi) system and work around that to make power; i.e. through opening up the exhaust, custom cams, and extensive tuning. My goals are 200whp@6000rpm and an even 12.3+.3 A/F ratio across the board. I've been looking and seeing that turbos are not that expensive if I go used...here's my tentative parts list:

- T25/T28 turbo, $375 new
    - 2g manifold, $100-$375 used/new
    - Random side mount intercooler, $100ish used
    - Pipes & oil lines, prob. another $200 or so
    - BOV, $100-200 used
    - 3" exhaust, $150 or so
    - Gauges, $200 or so
    - Oil cooler?

So basically I'd be putting up about $1500 + tuning time which I would either do on the road or just buy someone's map and plug in. Here are my questions though:

- What turbos fit on the DSM manifold flanges? From what I understand the T25/T28, 14B, 16G and 20G all fit, right?
    - Are used turbos safe, or should I just go new?
    - Can we use aftermarket and EVO VIII manifolds as well?
    - What can I do about the front mount?
    - Are there a lot of basemaps available?
    - Is the actual install hard? I imagine the pre-tuning steps are something like putting a new header in, installing the tapped oil pan, and connecting all the pipes...maybe changing the front mount as well, right? The actual install is nothing crazy is it?

I'm just trying to get all these questions answered so I can start ordering parts...I'm gonna be free during August so I want to get it on and tune it then. I have 94K miles on it so I think it's ripe for the charging...anyways let me know any answers you have because I really want to do this.
    I'm gonna use a P06 ECU from midnight ($135 shipped, ready to plug in and tune)... I didn't know midnight had basemaps for our cb7's... maybe you shold give me a hook-up. Anyway, from general concences, people aren't really satisfied with the t-25 because they don't pull anywhere as hard as a T-3 at the same given psi(If you cared, I'm running a dsm TD-05H 14b whitch apears to have the same exhaust flange as a t-3... so upgrading to a t-3 later is might be a possiblity).

Caleb
    My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

CHipped ecus in the Accord that can be used are OBDI civics/tegs/del sols and some others I think. All the info is out there, just need to find it. And mrx has basemaps for the f22a, I just don't think he has one for the t25. A 14b map would work, but the fuel curves will be different along with the ignition. Street tuning can fix that.
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
        I'm gonna use a P06 ECU from midnight ($135 shipped, ready to plug in and tune)... I didn't know midnight had basemaps for our cb7's... maybe you shold give me a hook-up.
        hehe...didn't know i had f22 basemaps huh? I created them . Backfire modified one of my maps to fit the t25 boost curve. If i can get the map and have a look over it it'd be a great starting point.
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
          hehe...didn't know i had f22 basemaps huh? I created them . Backfire modified one of my maps to fit the t25 boost curve. If i can get the map and have a look over it it'd be a great starting point.
          That would be nice... I'd like to get a chipped ecu from you, and the base map too if that isn't too much trouble.

Caleb

Comment

...also, whenever someone ask for a base map, they get flamed for it! So my assumsion that you wouldn't have any to share since most start from scratch.

Caleb

Comment

(If you cared, I'm running a dsm TD-05H 14b whitch apears to have the same exhaust flange as a t-3... so upgrading to a t-3 later is might be a possiblity).

Caleb
              there not the same flange

-val

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

It sounds like you'll take care of the turbo kit and install no prob. What you really need is the tuning part. If you are going to street tune...DATALOG!!!!!!! It is the greatest gift from the gracious gods above! get the interface kit, get the cable.....and oh ya, work a extra few weeks to set aside money for a wideband kit. If you want to do it right, thats the only way how.
                ...constantly constructing

Comment

Oh yea a wideband is crucial, I forgot to factor that in...

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                    there not the same flange

-val
                    Wasn't sure... thanks for letting me know.

Caleb

Comment

...also, whenever someone ask for a base map, they get flamed for it! So my assumsion that you wouldn't have any to share since most start from scratch.

Caleb
                      mostly when someone asks for it, they are just asking to be handed it. If you PM those who have it, usually they are more then happy to give it to you.
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                        mostly when someone asks for it, they are just asking to be handed it. If you PM those who have it, usually they are more then happy to give it to you.

Ahh.... I didn't know that.

Caleb

Comment

Working...
                        X