Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Spark plug gap???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spark plug gap???

I have NGK zr6f-11 (one step colder) plugs and need to know the proper gap for them? My manual says 0.39-0.43! But a fellow member said 0.28!!?! Thanks in advance for any/all replies. My car is going turbo!
    Last edited by westsideaccord; 06-27-2005, 06:09 PM.

WaC!

I think the reason for gapping to .028 is that with a stock ignition system and coil, the spark will get blown out by the boost if the gap is at factory spec. If you upgrade your ignition you can gap your plugs wider.

Comment

boost......028 is right

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

i know every one says .028 but i just been tryin .034 and the car seems to run better and haven't had any problems so far, driven on it for 2 weeks now. i thought .028 seems a litte close and thought the spark might jump with it that close.

Comment

MRX explained the plugs gapping somewhere... I think it was in his chipped ecu journal. good stuff
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

In mrx's tuning journal it says .30 so I am goin with that!

WaC!

Comment

Working...
            X