Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22A MAX psi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22A MAX psi

around what psi can the stock F22A take without grenading. I would change out the crap headgasket for a metal bead-type one, but thats about it.
    Just My 1997 Accord, My 1989 Lincoln Towncar, and Me

Stock bottom end can handle ~8 psi (depending on condition of motor)

My Ride

Comment

any known weakpoints? rods im guessing 1st to go but idk about accords im used to D-series.
      Just My 1997 Accord, My 1989 Lincoln Towncar, and Me

Comment

from my experiance, the weakpoint of my engine was the ring lands. One of them broke and gouged my sleeve ...all i did when i built it last year was buy a new set of stock rods, slap them on the oem pistons, and ran it at 10 psi for a bit until it shit the bed, if you are looking for some stock rods i have the ones i got last year, with about 2k on em (at most) that are just collecting dust, pm me if you are interested.
        My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

midnite is running 10psi just fine on a stock block. Ringlands are a very common problem in many hondas. the rest of the block is very solid

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Any one ever use aftermarket pistons w stock shot peened rods?how much hp do they handle?
            People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
            The world needs to be reset.

Comment

problem is all this is relative. for example, there are many other factors that come into play. imo my motor is good for 300 whp. i may get more out of it but i would like to keep driving it for more than a year. shot penned rods are something i don't know much about, but it can only help. forged pistons should solve the ringlands problem but your motor is only as good as your weakest link. in the case of forged pistons and shot penned rods, imo you're weak link will be the rings, your crank and the cylinder walls. i don't know if this guy is a cb7t member or not but on f22parts.com they have excellent performance parts for the f series, especially blocks. problem is you are paying for quality. but, if you wanna do it right, they are the place i would go.
              btw imo f22 and f23 blocks are some of the best blocks ever made!
              i should know....i replaced everything in mine....
              I hate thieves!

Comment

another quick point...more boost doesn't necessarily mean more power. for example a dsm 13g at 10 psi would pale in comparison to a 16g at 10 psi. imo at t3/t4 at 8 psi would probably outflow a 16g at 10 psi....its more about cfms than psi...especially if you want your car to run for a while. the reason why dsm kits are so popular, myself included, is there are so many options. i started with a 14 b, now i have a 16g, and eventually i may go larger. the turbo you use and all the parts you have make a world of difference.
                I hate thieves!

Comment

To hell with the honda ringlands. Its not about the psi its the amount of power put down with the setup in common.

Comment

I ran my old internally stock F22a with a 14b turbocharger at 11-12psi daily. Car ran good. Atleast 6 months like that....
                    When i raised the boost to 14psi is when i broke the ringlands on 2 pistons....
                    Now fully built i run 15psi on the street with my 60-1 and i fucking love it. Soooooooooo Dammmmmmmmmnnnnnnn Faaaaaassssstttttt. Actally too fast for the street..... Kind of worthless....
                    12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
                    11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
                    F22a1
                    60-1 td06h turbo
                    Darton mid sleeves
                    85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
                    Crower pro billet rods
                    Custom ported head.
                    KMS valves
                    F23 headgasket
                    ARP H23 headstuds
                    H23 upper intake manifold