Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Starting to piece my own kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by h22sparkle
    it seems that things are coming together why not save up a lilmore what are your whp goals? or are you just in it for the swooshing sounds lol.

my hp goals with the stock engine is 225whp with 8 psi,lighter flywheel, delta cam, and bigger throttle body.What do you think?
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by yianni
      my hp goals with the stock engine is 225whp with 8 psi,lighter flywheel, delta cam, and bigger throttle body.What do you think?
      definately possible
      I hate thieves!

Comment

I'm hoping for at least 210hp...

Caleb
        My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

I don't get why everyone finds uberdata so hard to learn. Download it, play with it for awhile, and after that it gets pretty self explanatory.

Iamanonymous- Are you going to get numbers on your new setup?
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

225whp is a little high. You have to think about it like this... 1 bar will increase the engines chp by 100%. So 7psi is .5 bar = 50%. So for example and engine 140 chp +7psi (.5bar) should be in the neighborhood of 210chp. There are ofcourse other factors in the final hp number produced (air density, etc.) but that will give you a general figure to go by.

Also if you want to do your own tuning you should really consider using Crome. It is a much better rom editing software jam packed with useful feature. I am a Crome authorized dealer/tuner so if you need an questions answered just ask or check out the forums at pgmfi.org forums.
            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
              225whp is a little high. You have to think about it like this... 1 bar will increase the engines chp by 100%. So 7psi is .5 bar = 50%. So for example and engine 140 chp +7psi (.5bar) should be in the neighborhood of 210chp. There are ofcourse other factors in the final hp number produced (air density, etc.) but that will give you a general figure to go by.

Also if you want to do your own tuning you should really consider using Crome. It is a much better rom editing software jam packed with useful feature. I am a Crome authorized dealer/tuner so if you need an questions answered just ask or check out the forums at pgmfi.org forums.
              How much is it? How does the autotune work? Do I need a wide band with this? I also want to use ostrich to tune on the fly, will this work with crome?

Caleb

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
                How much is it? How does the autotune work? Do I need a wide band with this? I also want to use ostrich to tune on the fly, will this work with crome?

Caleb
                CromePro is $150 and enables all the features of CromeFree plus datalogging and advanced tuner features to use on your own personal vehicle.

RTP which is real time programming does support the Moates Ostrich.

Any tuning software requires the use of a wide band O2 sensor. Crome supports all the major brand name WBO2's such as the Innovate LM-1, PLX-M series, Zetronix, and etc.

Crome uses the wideband linear output of any of those WBO2's to properly log the correct lambda at any given point in the map.

If you are looking for the cheapest possbile compatible wideband I would suggest the PLX M-250. It is an excellent wideband and has all the outputs needed to interface with your ECU so Crome can get the correct data. Being as how the M-250 does not have it's own display makes it more economical.

The way autotune works is simple... You set up your target lambda threwout the entire map, turn on autotune, and drive. Every so many smaples (I think 500 is the defualt) autotune will automatically adjust the map in the correct places to achieve the desired lambda. Autotune is not perfect (yet) but can get the tune within the desired range. It still will take user input to perfect the tune. There is also an "autoadjustment" button which will automatically adjust the maps whenever pressed. This speeds up the tuning process considerably and makes for a smoother more streetable map.

In datalogging there are several useful features, one I particularly like is knocklogger. Which basically if you have a knocksensor equipped engine with a capable ECU (P30, P72) you can actuall read the values the knocksensor is recording to help you better fine tune your ignition maps.

Check out PGMFI.org for a complete feature list. It does cost $150 to get a full working version with one user license but it does have allot of support and is constantly updated to keep up with the times and keep the s/w current. Plus it is a scriptable rom editor so it's very versitile. Some other feature of Crome you'd be intrested in is Boost Tools+ and Adanced Fuel Tools. There's even ITB tools.
                My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

thanx,i will deffinatly look this stuff up, as for my hp goals, i'm gonna run 8 psi,not 7 and also a delta cam and bored throtle body,but shit i would be happy with 210hp
                  People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

also is that your car on your sig?what kinda rims are those?price?

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

CromePro is $150 and enables all the features of CromeFree plus datalogging and advanced tuner features to use on your own personal vehicle.

RTP which is real time programming does support the Moates Ostrich.

Any tuning software requires the use of a wide band O2 sensor. Crome supports all the major brand name WBO2's such as the Innovate LM-1, PLX-M series, Zetronix, and etc.

Crome uses the wideband linear output of any of those WBO2's to properly log the correct lambda at any given point in the map.

If you are looking for the cheapest possbile compatible wideband I would suggest the PLX M-250. It is an excellent wideband and has all the outputs needed to interface with your ECU so Crome can get the correct data. Being as how the M-250 does not have it's own display makes it more economical.

The way autotune works is simple... You set up your target lambda threwout the entire map, turn on autotune, and drive. Every so many smaples (I think 500 is the defualt) autotune will automatically adjust the map in the correct places to achieve the desired lambda. Autotune is not perfect (yet) but can get the tune within the desired range. It still will take user input to perfect the tune. There is also an "autoadjustment" button which will automatically adjust the maps whenever pressed. This speeds up the tuning process considerably and makes for a smoother more streetable map.

In datalogging there are several useful features, one I particularly like is knocklogger. Which basically if you have a knocksensor equipped engine with a capable ECU (P30, P72) you can actuall read the values the knocksensor is recording to help you better fine tune your ignition maps.

Check out PGMFI.org for a complete feature list. It does cost $150 to get a full working version with one user license but it does have allot of support and is constantly updated to keep up with the times and keep the s/w current. Plus it is a scriptable rom editor so it's very versitile. Some other feature of Crome you'd be intrested in is Boost Tools+ and Adanced Fuel Tools. There's even ITB tools.
                      Hmm, kinda pricey... $300+ for the plx m250, plus $150 for cromepro plus $175 for ostrich. I don't know if I can justify the couple extra hundred for that setup(don't get me wrong, I'd love to get it but I'm cheap right now) as oppose to uberdata(free), ostrich($175), zeitronix zt-2($279 without display).

I guess it isn'y so bad, there is a difference in price($171)....well, I guess for 171 bucks more you get more features on tuning software and an display to see. Plus, you say you can wideband, live tune, datalog on the same software? I think I found the better deal if it so...

Caleb

Comment

Working...
                      X