Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo Vs. Supercharger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo Vs. Supercharger

What is better for most hp in a car possible. I believe the turbo dominates , my friend things the supercharger dominates. Talkin import cars here..

it depends, for more boost from a supercharger, you have to change pulleys. on a turbo, you fuck with the wastegate. supercharger is instant power, but it is also a parasitic drag due to the fact that it is crank driven. turbos have lag, but do not create drag on the motor. ive seen many 1000+hp SC cars, and also seen many 1000+hp turbod cars. i prefer turbo, but its my opinion. some prefer supercharger. it is possible to push a turbo past its efficiency limit and actually loose power, but superchargers for the most part can push as much boost as the pulley will allow.
    1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
    4.0L I-6 2WD
    293k miles, still running strong.
    Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

. . . theres no supercharger that i know of that fits our platform . . . makes the decision quite simple really
      -Mark-
      CB7
      CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
      Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

no there are some that you can find... or atleast mod to fit.. BESIDES... the best gain i can see.... cooler air = more hp.. we all know that... so if ur compressing air from the exhaust this is now hot compressed air... yes i know compressing makes it hot either way but... not as much as the exhaust does... so by goin supercharger there is a signif. diff. in air temp... so in contrast they both have their ups and downs... but yes like said its constant boost from the go.. no spuling up needed... personaly id go super. cause every one has the turbo... go diff if you can make it work for ya...

BTW... the sig of the cars ^^^^ where r those comin from?
        . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
        WiredMotorSports
        [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Originally posted by According2Me
          no there are some that you can find... or atleast mod to fit.. BESIDES... the best gain i can see.... cooler air = more hp.. we all know that... so if ur compressing air from the exhaust this is now hot compressed air... yes i know compressing makes it hot either way but... not as much as the exhaust does... so by goin supercharger there is a signif. diff. in air temp... so in contrast they both have their ups and downs... but yes like said its constant boost from the go.. no spuling up needed... personaly id go super. cause every one has the turbo... go diff if you can make it work for ya...

BTW... the sig of the cars ^^^^ where r those comin from?
          im pretty sure if hes asking this question, hes not ready to modify a blower to fit our car. cutting and moving the firewall is difficult (to fit the JRSC blower) and modifying a vortech type blower would be a terrible waste of time as those arent really all that efficient and have some of the negatives of a turbo . . . some not all

about the sig cars, i found a base in a link someone posted . . . and posted it here, i made my car, and a couple other peoples cars, but since i couldnt find a suitible base for the 5th gen i had to modify the 4th gen base to look like a 5th gen . . . if you look closely you can see the similiarities
          -Mark-
          CB7
          CD5

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
            ...you compress the fresh air, the exhaust just aids in spooling up the turbo because that end of the shaft also spins the other end.....
            thats what i ment ... the exhaust is whats being used to compress (spin on to the other) the air wich is what causes the heat transfer...

and...
            http://www.hopupracing.com/jaracorostsu1.html
            yea i know not the best and its for the prelude.. but its the same intake mani...but it does say its only like a 68hp .... not much but not bad

ohh.. and nice jobs on the cars...cause i knew of this place where you put in ur yr and which vw you had.. bug bus or gia... and you can change it all up just like that...
            Last edited by According2Me; 07-10-2005, 12:58 AM.
            . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
            WiredMotorSports

Comment

turbo, hands down, especially for accords, just slap one on there.lol and ur ready to go( i wish it was that easy)

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

the exhaust isnt doing anything with a supercharger, theres a belt attatched to a gearbox and another belt attatched to the crank that does all the compression
                the JRSC blower wont fit our cars without mods to the firewall as i said before

yea . . . theres a site that will do it for 2 bucks, but why spend the 2 bucks if you can do it yourself right? . . . www.topendmotorsports.com i think . . .

EDIT: direct link . . . i didnt like what they did with te bomex accord . . . or that car at all really, the angle sucked too
                http://www.topendmotorsports.com/downloads.htm
                -Mark-
                CB7
                CD5

Comment

took me an hour..vvvvv. what do you think..vvvvv.
                  . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
                  WiredMotorSports

Comment

i think it looks good . . . noone else on the site is using that angle either
                    -Mark-
                    CB7
                    CD5

Comment

what about centrifical (mad tyte spelling thur...) superchagers? i don't see why those would have any issues fitting.... same size as a turbo and its still belt and pully driven...

SOLD!

Comment

Working...
                      X