Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

too rich at start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too rich at start

Hey i have a problem , i am trying to get started tuningm y car but any bin i put in uberdata give me a impossible to start car ( it's running in the 30:1) i even tried removing over 30% fuel from mrx or renr map and it would still die at idle .

I also tried playing with the fiv valve.. does the same fully closed or fully opened... i am clueless as to why it doesnt work . any idea ?

tip #1 The wideband takes 30 seconds to warm up. no readings are done until 30seconds of the engine being on
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Ok i made the car run with a f22a1 basemap .. it read 10.10 ( d'uh)

i tried editing option in your map midnite to disable o2 heater and also to move moving idle higher and im getting a ftl.asm error when i try to save map in uberdata 1.66.. checking on uberdata forum right now to see whats up with that.

Comment

Ok i'm a noob i tried editing the map outside of the uberdata directory .. seems like u can't do that

Comment

i Retried twice running your map and both gave me a 14:30 stable Afr at all the time . Car rattle like parkinson i reved it over 5000rpm once and its ... awful I think my setup have a toothnail somewhere heh here is the spec :

F22a1
          volvo t3 .42/.48
          450cc dsm injectors ( blue top )
          AUTOMATIC ( might be the cause )
          P28 manual ( migth also be the cause)
          Zeitronix wibeband

Has anyone using a automatic transmission runned midnite maps ?

also is it normal that when i try to edit old injector size no matter what i write there it will pop it back at 450cc ( new injector value)

Comment

tip#2 When using the p28 you have to make sure all vtec options are disabled and that vtec is set way out of your rev range...8000-9000rpm should be good. Sounds like your engaging vtec.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

well i found the cause of it my spark plug were burnt from the excess of fuel . After changing them i modified the low fuel of turbof22a7.bin map by removing 120% of fuel all accross the board and i got a nice 12.4 afr not perfect yet but getting to it ..Could it be because that i am automatic or using a p28 that i had to remove that much fuel ?

Also the idle is settling at 1500rpm at -20vac... i have a small manifold gasket leak could it be the cause of it ?

Comment

yes, that would be the cause of it...are you seriously using turbof22a7??? not a17?

Comment

yea the latest map i have from you is turbof22a7.bin ... i found it from the uberdata forum where u posted a thread long ago .. :P ur map was easier to modify then Renr map ...

So youre at v17 ? could i have a glimpse at it ? if so email it to me at myrmexaw20@hotmail.com

Comment

PM'd you

Comment

Working...
                    X