Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

how much hp can these pistons handle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much hp can these pistons handle?

http://www.f22parts.com/item_Pistonsecono.htm

it says not intended for more than a 100 shot of nos or more than 7psi.

from what i know,stock f22 engines can handle 12 psi.i know psi varies from different turbos, but has anyone used those?they just seem really good for an econo build.

These pistons+shotpeened rods=275whp safely?what do you think?

or even 10 psi on a 16g?
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    The world needs to be reset.

i dunno, but i wouldnt shop there. ive heard their quality is crap. they r stupid, how are they gona say that it cant handle more than 7psi? 7psi on a 14b, is way different than 7psi on a super 60. so yea, theyre poop, imo

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by jdmcord
      i dunno, but i wouldnt shop there. ive heard their quality is crap. they r stupid, how are they gona say that it cant handle more than 7psi? 7psi on a 14b, is way different than 7psi on a super 60. so yea, theyre poop, imo
      They are cast,so yeah, i'm guessing they could be better over stock.It's similar to the suzuki vitara pistons the d-series guys are using over the stock ones.The vitara's have stronger ringlands than the stock ones, but i dont know if they are stroinger because of the the fact that they are cast or they are just thicker.I think it would be really cool if these pistons could handle some heat.

The only reason i'm guessing they say only 7 psi is because they havent tested them yet on a turbo app.If it can handle 100 shot of nitrous i think it can handle 120hp of tuned turbo application.Plus, they are tested at 8000 rpm.

I sent them an email and asked them how much hp they can handle and he said that he guarantises over what they suggest.I just think that someone should try and see what they can do.

215 shipped vs.500+ other makes. thats 300+ savings.

I dunno,i'm starting to like the idea, they couldnt be worse than stock Damnit!!!
      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

yeah, i dunno, but i wouldnt cheap out on internals, id go with quality known parts, and i havent heard many good things from f22parts.com.
        im sure our pistons could handle to 8k rpm, its the head that decides how high it can go before u fuck it up, but dont quote me on that, someone correct me if im wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmcord
          yeah, i dunno, but i wouldnt cheap out on internals, id go with quality known parts, and i havent heard many good things from f22parts.com.
          im sure our pistons could handle to 8k rpm, its the head that decides how high it can go before u fuck it up, but dont quote me on that, someone correct me if im wrong.

actually, i was planning on doing a full oem rebuild,its just that these pistons seem to be better than the stock ones,and for 215 shipped they aint that far from the dealership price on oem's

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CAN NOT LIE...ALL YOU OTHER BROTHERS CANT DENIE..WHEN A GIRL STEPS UP WITH A ITTY BITTY WAIST AN A ROUND THING IN YO FACE..YOU GET SPRUNG.... OH BABY I WANNA GET WIT CHA AN TAKE YO PICTURE...CAUSE ME SO HORNY SITTIN AT HOME WITH MY DICK ON HARD I GOT THE BLACK BOOK FOR A FREAK TO CALL PICKED UP THE TELEPHONE TO DIAL THE SEVEN DIGITS YO THIS BOOTY BEATER ARE YOU DOWN WITH IT? I ARRIVED AT HER HOUSE KNOCKED ON THE DOOR NOT REALLY EVEN SURE WHAT TIS FREAK HAD INSTORE.. WERENT THE EARLY NINETYS THE BEST???

Comment

wtf?!lol

Comment

Originally posted by IBCNYA
                I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CAN NOT LIE...ALL YOU OTHER BROTHERS CANT DENIE..WHEN A GIRL STEPS UP WITH A ITTY BITTY WAIST AN A ROUND THING IN YO FACE..YOU GET SPRUNG.... OH BABY I WANNA GET WIT CHA AN TAKE YO PICTURE...CAUSE ME SO HORNY SITTIN AT HOME WITH MY DICK ON HARD I GOT THE BLACK BOOK FOR A FREAK TO CALL PICKED UP THE TELEPHONE TO DIAL THE SEVEN DIGITS YO THIS BOOTY BEATER ARE YOU DOWN WITH IT? I ARRIVED AT HER HOUSE KNOCKED ON THE DOOR NOT REALLY EVEN SURE WHAT TIS FREAK HAD INSTORE.. WERENT THE EARLY NINETYS THE BEST???
                who can quote this too?

Comment

Originally posted by IBCNYA

Hahahahaha

I fuckin love that song!!!!

the reason i put this as my name is because i had that song STUCK in my head and i kept singing in school,lol, even in the middle of Am. Cult. class.So it kinda stuck with me for the whole year,and because i TRULY like big butts, it became an inside joke.

Any buddy have a sound clip for that song?I used to have it on a burnt cd but i lost it when we moved

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                    Stock are cast.

Why don't you think these couldn't be of a *lessor* quality than Honda?
                    1.cuz the idont think anyone would recomend a 100 shot of nitrous on stock pistons

2.They are "aftermarket", made not be *lessor* quality than honda

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                      I'm aware that they are aftermarket.
                      That doesn't mean better than stock to me, but if you have other info on how they're made, that's great!

Have you ordered yet?
                      Well, the site says "machined for maximum strengh".

I just think they are better than stock,otherwise, then they are scammers.

I havent ordered yet, i still need a spare motor so i can build it.(stock rebuild exept these pistons prob.)

i will try to find more about them, i still havent heard of some one using them.I wouldnt mind being the first one.

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

tell u the truth, i bought the single valve spring kit from then... nuthin else tho... never had an issue with the springs but im not sure how they woulda performed on my turbo setup compared to stock.....i'lv also heard nuthin but bad stuff, but more on the lines of overpriced, not necesarilly bad quality..... like the cam they sell, i heard is a reground gude and the cyl. sleeves are darton just jacked the fukk up in price.. so take it 4 wut its worth, i had no issues, but know that they are kinda shady....

Comment

Originally posted by ChroNicBoosT
                          tell u the truth, i bought the single valve spring kit from then... nuthin else tho... never had an issue with the springs but im not sure how they woulda performed on my turbo setup compared to stock.....i'lv also heard nuthin but bad stuff, but more on the lines of overpriced, not necesarilly bad quality..... like the cam they sell, i heard is a reground gude and the cyl. sleeves are darton just jacked the fukk up in price.. so take it 4 wut its worth, i had no issues, but know that they are kinda shady....
                          do u think that these would be stock pistons and they just sell them as aftermarkets,maby get them thermal coated and shit

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

Working...
                          X