Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

question for all you turbo guys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question for all you turbo guys...

hey guys, i have my setup already done ( jdm h22 with ssauto crap mani and wastegate) now, i made my own 3" downpipe and inorder to run it i had to notch the frame and reweld in the some metal... anyhow... thats all well and fine, im still using the front motor mount which was a bitch to get the dp by ... but i was just wondering how the f*ck you guys ride around with 3" dp's on lowered accords... i mean holy shit... i have my dp reallllly cose to the oil pan like i tucked it up really good... but damn.. its still gona be close when i lower my coil overs down.... any sugestions or tips? thanks guys...

Originally posted by turboh22aakkord
    hey guys, i have my setup already done ( jdm h22 with ssauto crap mani and wastegate) now, i made my own 3" downpipe and inorder to run it i had to notch the frame and reweld in the some metal... anyhow... thats all well and fine, im still using the front motor mount which was a bitch to get the dp by ... but i was just wondering how the f*ck you guys ride around with 3" dp's on lowered accords... i mean holy shit... i have my dp reallllly cose to the oil pan like i tucked it up really good... but damn.. its still gona be close when i lower my coil overs down.... any sugestions or tips? thanks guys...
    thats just of the stuff you have to deal with a car as modified as your car,you just have to be carefull or not not lower your car as much
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
      thats just of the stuff you have to deal with a car as modified as your car,you just have to be carefull or not not lower your car as much

haha yeah... but the lil lady loves it low i think im just gona build some sort of skid plate for it so that it doesnt hit the DP and cause my chap mani to break haha.... i have heard of alot of guys not even using the front motor mount? anyone have any comments on this??

Comment

been riding without a front mount for a long time. Other mounts aren't filled either. No problems. Accord R33 is running without a fornt mount or filled mounts too, and haven't heard any problems fmro him
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
          been riding without a front mount for a long time. Other mounts aren't filled either. No problems. Accord R33 is running without a fornt mount or filled mounts too, and haven't heard any problems fmro him

cool man... anyone else doing this? ... i mean there is nothing to those f-ing mounts anyhow... and i had heard alot of poeple dont even use them... but i already made my DP to fit around it ... although it would have been much easier to do without that bitch in the way!

Comment

i don't have a front mount either

Comment

I believe mrx is running without a front mount, but has filled urethane side mounts.
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

running without a front motor mount too .. also i have a tein suspension and my 2.5 inch exhaust also scratch on the road sometime .. that skid plate idea might be worth a try lol

Comment

The skid plate idea may not be such a bad idea. The only thing is tho, my car is not that low, nor has it scraped the ground like that for me to need one. I already have a body kit so may car looks low but the Oil pan is at least 6 inches off the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                    I believe mrx is running without a front mount, but has filled urethane side mounts.
                    correct. If you can somehow save the front mm...then do so, if not...oh well.
                    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Just take that mount out and fill it up its well worth it and it will help when your racing too that shit really holds.

Comment

down pipe

At the shop I work at some people come in with the same prob.We just put the pipe in the bench vise and turn the round pipe into an oval shape pipe to help a little with that prob.
                        Last edited by SOHC on dis; 08-07-2005, 03:57 AM.

My whips!
                        97 eliteS 50cc sold
                        90 CB coupe lx h22 turbo(ITS GONE!)
                        93 CB 4dr ex/se
                        85 Hilux 4x4(chevy 350)traded
                        80 Hilux 2wd still got it
                        73 Opel GT garage queen
                        92 cx hatch b16a ran into the ground
                        93 si hatch b16a type-r trans parted out
                        92 dx hatch fully built GSR "huge" fmi sold
                        09 4dr 4x4 Tacoma small lift daily beater
                        93 dx hatch b16a2 (old team rice car) was free!

Comment

Working...
                        X