Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

92HondaEX Official Turbo Project Thread.... (56K Warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Accord R33
    the thread is M10X1.25, not sure on an exact length..but ill measure one today
    R33: Get around to measuring the length yet?

Anyway, my carsound cat is coming in on wed(Click here for tracking) and I plan to get my exhaust system put to gether next weekend. Hopefully I can cut a notch out of my crossmember for the 3" of glory...
    Last edited by Clueless; 12-05-2005, 06:29 PM.
    My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Oh no!! rebuilt 14b might be for sale with: j-pipe, acutator, turbo manifold(drilled and painted, ready to be used), dsm o2 housing, dsm turbo-to-turbo mani gasket. Plus I'm gonna throw in an uncrushed 1st gen dsm bov at no cost. I'm asking $200 shipped... I know for a fact i spent more than that plus shipping gonna rape me.

Edit: I might include my oil line kit too...
      Last edited by Clueless; 12-06-2005, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Alright, 99% of ya'll have seen my new turbo thread, if not, here's the link. I'm gonna go with a SSAC t04e 57 trim that's currently blown and seeking to do a rebuild job. Here are some pics for those who are too lazy to click on the link above:

Flow Map for this turbo:

Turbo pics:

Also, this turbo comes with a v-band type flange, so I'm gonna remove that and slap a garrett flange on there and make a section between that garrett flange and the dsm downpipe so nothing gets wasted. Also, a new oil line kit will need to be added for this turbo to help keep it spinning nice and strong. Not sure what I'm gonna do about the turbo manidfold just since I'm on a tigt budget, but a log mani with an external WG looks possible....if anybody has a working cheap WG for sale , let me know(it's has to be a 38mm WG). I'm also looking to buy urbanrunner's wideband he got for sale if he still has it tomorrow, so....

Needless to say, my turbo setup is coming along quite nicely, but I hope I get it finished before the 16th because that when I'll need a new job. Also, if anybody want to donate a couple bucks here and there to help me finish my project, my paypal is supercreed2002@yahoo.com.... it would be appreciated. Thanks you all...

Comment

Bump for some more pictures and info! What are you tuning with?

- Zipcreature
          Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by zipcreature
            Bump for some more pictures and info! What are you tuning with?

- Zipcreature
            Thanks zips, forgot to mention that....Zeitronix wideband with LCD display and my beasty laptop with uberdata, maybe ostrich, and mrx's base map.

Comment

I just noticed that this is the 5th most viewed thread under FI forum....cool! Make me feel important and some sort of example for newbie or whatever.....

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
                I just noticed that this is the 5th most viewed thread under FI forum....cool! Make me feel important and some sort of example for newbie or whatever.....
                Don't you feel special.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                  Don't you feel special.
                  Shutup!

Comment

Here some pics of my new t04b turbo(massive!!):

I'll be sure to get some other pics when time comes....

Comment

there's a chance of a custom manifold, haven't decided yet...

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
                        there's a chance of a custom manifold, haven't decided yet...
                        Whats so wrong about a custom manifold?

Comment

Wow...that's a big turbo....you gonna be able to spool that before you get to the end of the track...or the next stoplight for that matter???

-Kyle
                          SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
                          -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                            Whats so wrong about a custom manifold?
                            Nothing wrong with em, just on the pricey side if I have a muffler shop do it, or lack of a welder makes this dang near impossible...

Originally posted by Wiccanvampier
                            Wow...that's a big turbo....you gonna be able to spool that before you get to the end of the track...or the next stoplight for that matter???

-Kyle
                            We'll see, if it doesn't spool fast enough or at all, I'll have to look for a smaller turbine housing....but I'll have to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiccanvampier

-Kyle
                              If they only knew... . Then again I have DOHC, so by design I can have a greater air volume. However, Caleb has a 272? regrind. More air for faster spool. Remember that.

Comment

na cams do not spool turbos faster. They are geared for higher revs and will not be benifical for turbo applications. Na cams have a longer duration causing more lift in the valve and also valveover lap. This is bad for turbo applications. Forced induction engines require a smaller cam profile with a shorter duration.
                                Last edited by CBL; 12-15-2005, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X