Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

pre turbo setup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pre turbo setup.

i plan on turboing my car within the next year. i dont have the money to buy everything at once, so i am buying them one or two at a time. I have a friend that has a spare H23. I am going to take his intake mani. and throttle body. get it port and polished. and i have a chipped p06 ecu that i am going to put in with a N/A map. im going to get a copper head gasket. do a compression test and all the good stuff. now can someone tell me if i can put the 450cc's in now and have the p06 control them??? or would that be no good. im also getting a high volume fuel rail and regulator. now will that setup be ok for up until i turbo? then i will swap in a turbo map on the ecu. also can the chipped p06 control the butterflies in the h23 IM?

Why not just swap the H23?
    -Jay

Comment

becuase i want the f22a block for turbo... i was thinking about swapping the head. but i just like the idea of beating someone and popping the hood for them to only see a sohc engine. i will eventually port and polish the f22 head.
      who knows i still may swap the head but im leaning more to the stock head.

Comment

Its up to you because its all within your budget and powergoals. I must warn you its not for the timind find a good tuner aswell. As for the h23 you can do that but i mean see whats within your budget and see where you stand and how much are you willing to spend and is this going to be your daily driver aswell?

Id leave the head its good as is already You can swap with the whole h23 motor but why just get the head but if thats your choise youll just be spending more money unessesarrily imo. Id just keep it simpl no swapping heads just either one motor or the other for boost. Shit is complicated more than it is why add more onto it.

Comment

which is another reason i dont want to swap the head or the whole motor. i want to build what i got and build it well.. this will be my daily driver. but i have back up so im not worried about that....

so you say its alright with the 450cc"s h22sparkle? idont see why not if its tuned well. im gonna have more air in it too so it should help some huh?

Comment

I don't see why you want to drop the 450's in now,its not gonna give you any more power...

the chipped p06 will not control the iab's, but you can hook them up with a vaccum line in the back of your intake manifold.

ILBB
            People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
            The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Do not install anything until you have everything.

Comment

Working...
              X