Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

fuel management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel management

as i quickly become engulfed in the world of turbo charged cars (everything from 240's, to DSMs, even acuras), it seems that one of the most overlooked and neglected aspects is fuel. people are always talking about front mounts, turbo manifolds, boost controllers, but when you ask about fuel and fuel management, their large knowledge on cars doesn't seem so vast anymore. although i have heard bad things on the board about the piggybacks such as the safc, they seem to be quite popular among tuners. now i know that accordr33 and midnight chip ecus, but is this as effective on other cars (dsm's, 240s)?

ANYWAYS... i have a few fuel questions. first off all the walbro high flow fuel pumps interchangable between cars because all the pics seem the same. and is this a good product? what type of fpr do you recommend? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

Originally posted by flacopower
    now i know that accordr33 and midnight chip ecus, but is this as effective on other cars (dsm's, 240s)?

ANYWAYS... i have a few fuel questions. first off all the walbro high flow fuel pumps interchangable between cars because all the pics seem the same. and is this a good product? what type of fpr do you recommend? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true
    1G dsm's actually have eprom ecu's in SOME of their models. Those ecu's go for atleast $200 and then you have to find software to make the changes on which i think also costs money. Since those ecu's are quite rare they don't have as large a following as the honda chipped ecu community. Other dsm's, usually 2G's, can use whats called DSM Link which is very similar to hondata but for DSM's. Cost is about $500-600 but seems to be worth it for them because they have little to no other options.

Nissans have John Wolfe ecu's that they normally just call JW. This Wolfe guy is basically a programmer that discovered the secrets of the nissan ecu's but won't disclose any info about it. This brings practically the entire nissan community to his door which is fine but what i don't like is that the ecu's are pre-programmed and can not be changed without sending it back to this guy's company.

There are plenty of DIY universal options like mega squirt n' mega spark that work on everything from audi's to ferrari's to mitsu's to dodge dakota's.

All of these options add/subtract fuel without effecting the timing and all of those options can add/subtract timing without effecting fuel.

Oh and fuel pumps are application specific. And B&M makes good fpr's but i've heard of the fuel gauges failing often and leaking
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

if i get my 240 ill probably run an safc2 and a boost timing retarder. man i wish honda made a rwd car in the 90s.......
      I hate thieves!

Comment

Working...
      X