Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

i know not many people like to but help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know not many people like to but help needed

well anyways ill start off im building a budget turbo accord ive been researching for the last about month just looking at the forums, still have a couple questions or would like any help, im totally new to efi so if i sound dumb i apoligize, well anyways its a 1990 accord 4 door lx f22a1 with 313xxxkm compression lowest:121 highest:125, is that oki for boost?
    current modscan i use any of these):
    msd cap, 8mm wires, full 5 wire ground, iridium sparkplugs, k/n cone filter, relocated battery to the back, i know nothing major,
    awaiting to be put on: 1g dsm manifold and turbo, stock 1g intercooler,hks bov, 2 1/2 race magnaflow muffler,450cc injectors,act organic clutch rated for up to 500hp,lightweight flywheel,
    oki so im thinking of running a safc II i know everyone hates them but im only gonna run about 8-10psi and its gonna be winter driven so i need to know i can adjust it till next year when i build my other motor which is also another f22a1, if anyone could help me with a good budget daily driver i would love the help, also for my other block if anyone could suggest a good place for parts for f22a1 motors,

I am trying to cover alot of bases here so here we go.

First off, the compression is kind of low so IMO, don't do it. The numbers tell me the engine is due for an overhaul.

The build you are proposing is good until you got the the fuel management. You know that we hate the SAFC but you may not know why. Its a simple principle that I follow. Anything that your ecu does not know about works against the engine. SAFC is an injector hack that the ecu does not know about. Therefore tuning become much more difficult thus it inhibits performance from you setup. Uberdata is the cheaper and smarter alternative. The ECU can compensate for atmospheric conditions, and regulate fuel under certain loads. With all those advantages you would be foolish to still choose the pricier SAFC.

And what clutch do you have? The ACT organic street disc is rated for 278lbs-ft of torque.

Comment

yea, you would need a newer engine or need to re-build the current one, cuz you should be around 175, give or take 10, in all pistons(i think thats what it is, correct me if im wrong)

and yea, i suggest you do a lil bit more research about ems's cuz if ur gona use the hack, people on here will give u so much shit, u have no clue, but anyways, yeah, first thing u need to worry about is upping that compression

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I boosted with my compression at 150 in 3 cyl and 145 in one of the cylinders, I just fried the piston rings after 1000miles cause I could'nt find time to get it tuned. My advice is get the compression up and run uberdata, you'll need a po6 out of a civic which I'm selling one on ebay right now and a uberdata chip kit which can be purchased at several venders such as www.stealthmodeperformance.com
        ricers make baby jesus cry

Comment

well since im new to ecu's and well im in edmonton alberta canada, im bringing my car to the shop at the car dealership i work at tomorrow to see how much a basic overhaul would cost, does anyone know if they make i think its copper head gaskets for f22's?? also could someone point me in a direction of a good guy i know midnight and r33 do ecu tuning but do u know if i could ship to them from canada easily,? thank u for even the help u guys have given me so far, im gonna keep researching

Comment

Just get a newer f22 or f20 for like 450. Its much better than the overhaul.

Comment

I've done about 4-5 ecu transactions to canada within about a 3-5 month span and all have gone smoothly, please PM me if interested as in a turbo map for your setup.
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Welcome another cb7 from edmonton!!! anyways, I'm planing to boost soon too, go on 780tuners.com, edmonton based tuner site, I saw some f22a and f22b for sale ($400-600) on there, check that out, don't forget to join the club.

***Take your time on planning, I planned and bought parts for almost a 1 yr and most likely will wait till next spring, boost in winter= useless and dumb

-Henry

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

awesome yea im gonna check out 780tuner tonight, hey since uve been looking around for parts do u know of anywhere locally to get a turbo?

Comment

Better off trying ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by NextLevel90lx
                      awesome yea im gonna check out 780tuner tonight, hey since uve been looking around for parts do u know of anywhere locally to get a turbo?
                      There are some on 780tuners.com, I'll get u a link

http://forums.780tuners.com/showthre...threadid=29866

Lol my username is chu77 on 780 just to let u know

Comment

hey just wondering if anyone thinks 390cc injectors are good to use on 10 psi? and what are the dimensions some people are using for FMI's on their stock front bumpers

Comment

Go with the DSM 450's. But depends on the turbo you are using. It sounds to me you are using either a T25, 14b, 16g or T3 turbo.

Comment

yea i basically have everything now except injectors and turbo, which turbo is gettin really hard to find, if anyone has a turbo for sale plz help im willing to ship also, but thank u for the support with the injectors, u think the 390's though wont work though

Comment

Originally posted by NextLevel90lx
                              yea i basically have everything now except injectors and turbo, which turbo is gettin really hard to find, if anyone has a turbo for sale plz help im willing to ship also, but thank u for the support with the injectors, u think the 390's though wont work though
                              did u look at that 780tuners thread I gave u? Another site would be dsmtuners.com <--- lots of turbo, but shipping would be $$

try HTM= homemadeturbo.com <-----cheap but who knows what they done the poor thing

Need more help?? I'll sell u mine if u REALLY CAN"T find it lol

later
                              -Henry

Comment

Working...
                              X