Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

General BOV question for the turbo guys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General BOV question for the turbo guys...

This is just a general question that someone on here can answer for me...

When engine is at idle, is there constant air coming out off the BOV? Then when throttle is applied the air is less blowing out...is this how your guys BOV are working?

Jay
    Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Its how it works when the intake manifold is connected to the bov it holds pressure and keeps the turbo from building up pressure. BUt when the throttle is be applied it closes it and allos the full air flow that is being sucked in from the intake side of the turbo through the whole intercooling system piping etc and the bov holds that section through so that it can go throught the throttlebody so it can make power through air gas combustion yaknow.

BUt what it does is,it allows the pressure to stay constant until you let off the throttle and bleeds off excess pressure when your dont when its too much when you let off the throttle and it keeps on going it can actually blow your shit up overtme because it has nowhere else to go besides the wastegate. ! allows it to bleed excess pressure 1 prevents backspin which you dont want both bleed off pressure.

Comment

umm so was that a yes or no to air always blowing out while at idle?

Reason being, I just installed a BOV on my supercharger(not cb7 related) and got a boost leak and trying to find the culprit.

Jay

Comment

yes, air flows out of the bov at idle. Mine does.
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

^thank you

Comment

Working...
          X