Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

turbo size on f22a6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo size on f22a6

would a .70/.84 turbo be too big for my f22a6 100% stock or what would be the ideal size for at least 230hp? i know it could be achieve with a .42/.48 but it seem too small... and no room for improvement.

And also should i use 2" charge pipe or 2.5"?

When i had my turbo setup in my civic is was easier to find answer... i had a rhb5 with 2" charge pipe and it ran fine. But it was with a 1.6l engine.

I might have a low post count but i read a lot, and found some interesting stuff, but haven't found answer about the turbo size...

all i can say is that the bigger the better just be careful how much u boost .............
    92 accord dx....traded
    97 accord ex....traded
    93 civic si ....stolen
    96 tercel ....sold
    97 ek hatch b17 ..traded
    97 civic 4door b16 sold
    04 tsx traded ...for a honda coupe (top secret)

Comment

Originally posted by zoomspeed05
      all i can say is that the bigger the better just be careful wat u boost.............
      yeah... but will the engine be able to spool this turbo?

i prefer to achieve my hp goal with 7-8 psi than running 12psi...

Comment

that looks kinda big. You can hit 230whp easily with a smaller turbo. A lot smaller.
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by labatt50
          would a .70/.84 turbo be too big for my f22a6 100% stock or what would be the ideal size for at least 230hp? i know it could be achieve with a .42/.48 but it seem too small... and no room for improvement.

And also should i use 2" charge pipe or 2.5"?

When i had my turbo setup in my civic is was easier to find answer... i had a rhb5 with 2" charge pipe and it ran fine. But it was with a 1.6l engine.

I might have a low post count but i read a lot, and found some interesting stuff, but haven't found answer about the turbo size...
          LMAO!!! That .70/84. I thought I was power hungry! Too big. DSM 16g perfect for that. I got 231whp (unofficial ghetto gtech pro dyno) on 14b.. much smaller than that rhb5...(isnt that bigger than a 60-1?). Start small, build your block then go big.

Comment

get a 16g. its not to big, and its not to small

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

16g sounds fine. Truthfully though it would be better to work on the head and run lower boost...turbo cams (high lift/medium duration) would probably do wonders for our car. Who's gonna be the first to break 250whp???

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                16g sounds fine. Truthfully though it would be better to work on the head and run lower boost...turbo cams (high lift/medium duration) would probably do wonders for our car. Who's gonna be the first to break 250whp???
                This would be on a DSM setup I am assuming...well then...ME!

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                  i think antoine gone and done it already. or at least close enough

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

But, Toine left DSM...or is this on a DSM setup?

Comment

antione never had a dsm setup. hes using a t3/t4 ball bearing. labatt knows his shit, so he's far from a newb. read many of his posts on HMT. anyways, use the shit that you have, with some big injectors. like the other guy said, i'd get a cam for a turbo application, to open up the head a little bit, maybe a port and polish. f series heads flow like ass. if you don't use that turbo, look for a big t3.

Comment

Originally posted by 90boostdaccord
                        antione never had a dsm setup. hes using a t3/t4 ball bearing. labatt knows his shit, so he's far from a newb. read many of his posts on HMT. anyways, use the shit that you have, with some big injectors. like the other guy said, i'd get a cam for a turbo application, to open up the head a little bit, maybe a port and polish. f series heads flow like ass. if you don't use that turbo, look for a big t3.
                        You obviously missed my buildup thread...And i got a 700whp Z on 93 octane...I think I know a lil something about turbocharging...(just a lil) .

Project Homebrew

The reason why the injectors were not picked for that turbo is because I feel that with proper tuning I can get away with 1000cc injectors and keep them for a larger turbo in the future. And lets not mention, I have my turbo cams already...
                        Last edited by KillerCam282; 10-13-2005, 09:51 PM.

Comment

acclipseh23 speaks the truth

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.

Well, its a hard choice for me cause the turbo i'll be using
                            depend on which manifold i'm going to get...
                            i'm undecided between the redrilled dsm with the t25 flange
                            or a h23 manifold with a t3/t4 flange...

is it me or t3 turbo are more easy to have in good condition for cheap than big 16g?

the turbo i'd like to use would be a .60/.63 but why i asked if a .70/.84 would work is because i know someone that would sell it to me cheap. But i know f series dont rev high... i would definately use it on a h22 setup

Originally posted by acclipseh23
                            I got 231whp (unofficial ghetto gtech pro dyno) on 14b.. much smaller than that rhb5...(isnt that bigger than a 60-1?). Start small, build your block then go big.
                            rhb5 that i use on my d16 was as big or even smaller than a 14b... its the one from a ford anal probe gt or (mx6 gt, 626 gt), rhb5 vj-11 to be precise

Originally posted by 90boostdaccord
                            labatt knows his shit, so he's far from a newb. read many of his posts on HMT
                            thank you! i never though someone would say that to me, that's cool!
                            It's so hard to switch from the civic world to the accord... its completly an another world! i must "re"learn everything

and "voila" my new car... i just can't wait until monday!
                            accord ex-r 1993

Comment

Originally posted by labatt50
                              ...rhb5 that i use on my d16 was as big or even smaller than a 14b... its the one from a ford anal probe gt or (mx6 gt, 626 gt), rhb5 vj-11 to be precise...
                              You know...I think i confused that with the RS-series turbos...once i saw the trim I automatically thought you were thinking of the large ball bearing turbos...my fault.

Comment

Working...
                              X