Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

jrsc on h22 opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jrsc on h22 opinions

hey guys ive got a chance to get a jrsc for my h22 at a really good deal im kinda new to boost so what all do i need to do to make this work and be reliable my h22 is stock right now and the jrsc comes with a 6lb pulley and a 10 or 12 lb i believe anyways should i be ok with just the 6lb on a stock h22 let me hear some opinions thx guys ray.
    im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
    93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
    90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
    91 se accord 4 door SOLD
    92 lx accord coupe SOLD
    93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
    92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
    93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
    92 ex accord coupe auto

From what ive heard you can boost it but you have to do soe modifications to the firewall because it sits so close to the damnthing that theres not enough room to actually worn on and install it. Thats a project indeed but good luck with it though

Comment

Yeah, firewall would need to be modified, it wouldn't be that expensive to modify it, it would just take time, you gotta pull the whole dash and make like a 6inch deep 18inch wide notch in the firewall. I say go for it! Superchargers are pretty trick and you would have the added benefit of a very linear power curve, not to mention it would be pretty unique. Good luck Ray.

-Kyle
      SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
      -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Originally posted by Wiccanvampier
        Yeah, firewall would need to be modified, it wouldn't be that expensive to modify it, it would just take time, you gotta pull the whole dash and make like a 6inch deep 18inch wide notch in the firewall.

-Kyle

not cheap? unless you have experience or some type of skill in body work, or have a hookup at a body shop, modding a firewall can be very expensive. and for a project like this, you'd have to pull the motor in and out w/ the JRSC when modding the firewall in order to make precise measurements... and thats just the beginning.
        but if time and money isn't a problem, that would be a great and unique setup for the H22 in our cb7 chassis.
        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Do it.. no questions asked

Comment

All I was thinking of is Hammertime... Who gives a damn that there is a nasty firewall dent...the SC will cover it up.

Comment

thx for the replys guys i can get the supercharger for 1000.00 with a lot of extras with it hes going turbo and needs to move it to fund the turbo project but im kinda worried about having to tear up my fire wall but im pulling my stock motor soon the f22a6 and im replacing my dash with a black one and doing my jdm climate control so this might be the right time to do the project anyways im thinking on it right now.
              90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
              91 se accord 4 door SOLD
              92 lx accord coupe SOLD
              93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
              92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

also does anybody know if this will fit on the f22a6 if so i might boost it with the 10lb pulley and have a blast till it goes and keep building the h22.
                90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                91 se accord 4 door SOLD
                92 lx accord coupe SOLD
                93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

If the JRSC for the h22 fits the f22a6, that means that the h22 intake manifold fits the h23, and we know the h23 fits the f22a6.

no it wont fit.

not only would you have to modify the firewall, but have you loooked at your timing belt area? mine only has like 2-3inches of clearance, you would have to modify your shock mount area also.
                  H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                    If the JRSC for the h22 fits the f22a6, that means that the h22 intake manifold fits the h23, and we know the h23 fits the f22a6.

no it wont fit.

not only would you have to modify the firewall, but have you loooked at your timing belt area? mine only has like 2-3inches of clearance, you would have to modify your shock mount area also.
                    Solid point, Phatty. More Hammer massaging...lol. Hmmn, not sure now what to try...

Comment

yah it wont fit the F series but hey, someday they will make one, i think it would be kind of siick i u could supercharge a F series, just to be unique...

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

well i think im going to pass on it then darn man sounds like so much fun too but i dont want to beat up my car just to make it work lol oh well back to the drawing board.
                        90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                        91 se accord 4 door SOLD
                        92 lx accord coupe SOLD
                        93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                        92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

1000 for a s/c and extras.. you gotta be crazy. Its well worth it!

Comment

Working...
                          X