Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Sounds like i ripped my 3rd gear sunchro after 1200 miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet ... glad that it helped you out.

Comment

Is it true that Honda trannies don't have reverse syncros?
      My CB7

Comment

Originally posted by TonK
        Is it true that Honda trannies don't have reverse syncros?

umm i'm not sure but i am wondering this also... my guess would be no? because dont they just synchronize the gears inside which allows you to shift from gear to gear...?

that is what i've understood about them but i am not sure at all... maybe someone else knows?

Comment

dont know where the oil is for the tranny..like how to add it? lol soryr im a nub at trannys and do you just add hte synchro mesh stuff in?
          92 CB7 *Sold $3300 102K Miles 4 door LX

94 Del Sol *Baught $3300 80K Miles on chasis
          and 60K miles on b18b1 motor swap

Comment

Originally posted by Neriah06
            dont know where the oil is for the tranny..like how to add it? lol soryr im a nub at trannys and do you just add hte synchro mesh stuff in?

if you look on your tranny... on the passenger side you will see two plugs... one will be a 3/8 ratchet hole that you just stick into it... thats the drain plug for the tranny... if you look above it, i believe it is either a 17 or 18 millimeter plug, that is your fill/check hole, you add it in through there...

to add the synchromesh you drain out all your tranny fluid first, put the plug back in and fill it up

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
              Sweet ... glad that it helped you out.
              yeah well hopefully it goes away totally but is def better.

tonk i also heard that there are no reverse synchro but you dont really need them because synchros are there to make gear shift smooth and elimante the need for double clutching. now since u dont shift into reverse from any otehr gear normally other then neutral and 0 speed there is no need for a synchro there.
              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

i dont think theres a first gear or reverse gear synchro . . .
                -Mark-
                CB7
                CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                  i dont think theres a first gear or reverse gear synchro . . .
                  There isnt a reverse syncro, as any time I'm moving and try to put it in reverse, yep a nice loud grind. Now 1st, on the other hand DOES have a syncro. Here is how you can see for yourself. Go for a drive, shift normally to around 30mph. Turn off your radio, put up your windows, ect. You are going to be listening for the whine of the syncro. Then put the shifter in neutral, then tward first. It will resist, only apply moderate pressure. You should hear the whining of the syncro spinning up the shaft or whatever it is up, and then it should go into gear.
                  Seattle Silver crew #5
                  Member of the Midwest Car Club.
                  ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

wow watch out dude. no more drag racing for u lol......
                    there is a place in aramingo ave where u can go and check the junk cars by ur self and u can take the tranny off by ur self so u can get a deal.
                    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
                      wow watch out dude. no more drag racing for u lol......
                      there is a place in aramingo ave where u can go and check the junk cars by ur self and u can take the tranny off by ur self so u can get a deal.
                      like a "u pull it" junkyard. where is it.
                      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

GM Synchromesh

Originally posted by prodigymb
                        ok i put in GM Synchromesh today and it seems to be getting better yay ! i now can shift into 3rd without a grind up until 4k, my mechanic said that i should see by tommorow night if the grind will fully go away .
                        Honda manual transmission uses 10W30 motor oil. That GM Synchromesh stuff is GLS; AKA gear lube; AKA 80W90.
                        It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by 93CB7
                          Honda manual transmission uses 10W30 motor oil. That GM Synchromesh stuff is GLS; AKA gear lube; AKA 80W90.
                          ok and ? anything bad from this ?
                          h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                          New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

try synthetic 50W...i would have tried synchomesh (which is also an oil not just gear lube) but the 50W has been more than sufficient so theres no need to try anything else for me.
                            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                              try synthetic 50W...i would have tried synchomesh (which is also an oil not just gear lube) but the 50W has been more than sufficient so theres no need to try anything else for me.
                              hmm ill see if synchromesh comes through, i still cant shift into 3rd fast
                              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by 93CB7
                                really? Because when i accidently dipped my head in this HMT fluid, it was quite thicker than 10w-30...it felt more like 80 weight oil. Are you sure about this? My hands also got a nice "feel" for the oil when I accidently dropped my hand in it.
                                2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
                                JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
                                My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Working...
                                X