Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Lowcords official boost thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so now two-tone interior is ricer?? jesus the definition of a ricer is so broad its sad.. real sad.. make sure u have the gauges at an angle were as if sun hits em its not beaming back at u or making it hard to see the gauges.. also.. the toggle switch covers will get annoying for w.e ur using them for.. TRUST ME.. they will its cool at first.. but after a while it will sux0rs.. just FYI on my opinion

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

yeah i understand that you probably dished out quite a bit for your set up, but gauges are expensive... why are you going with a 16g?? i think the 14b will be quite enough, i know of eclipses running 10's with them... i think for an accord it might be overkill especially since a 14b is plenty capable. thats why i am buying one for my eclipse on tuesday!! fuck a t25!!

Comment

actually the 16g is prime for the 2.2L.. look at compressor maps of the 14b vs the 16g then look at where u want ur powerband to be.. = small 16g is optimal..

also remember the 4g63 is a 2.0L... smaller motor = smaller turbo requirement and although the 14b is pushing eclipses into the 10s.. that doesnt mean the turbo is out of its efficieny range at 20+ psi on those damn eclipses

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

a 16g is definitly a better choice. as wikked said, if you look at the compressor maps, the 14b looses its efficiency fairly quickly. that doesnt necessarily mean its not going to make any power, but you have to deal with a lot of heat problems, which makes tunning harder and ultimately puts more wear on your engine

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

maybe you guys are right... just saying if a 14b can make 10's on a race car eclipse it can push me into high 12 low 13's... that's all i really want.

Comment

on the turbo itself too.. u have to waste more fuel to make the same power as if u had a bigger turbo that could do the same work with less stress (produce heat)

hot air = lean = more fuel needed

cool air= lean= not as much fuel needed and ur making alot more power...

stupid explination but u get the point...

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

can you guys run 20+ psi on the f22 if you have a small 16g?? thats insane, you would probably need quite a build up. great thing about the 4g63T is that i can run 25psi on stock internals... although i won't, i am only planning on running about 13 or 14psi till i get 550cc injectors than i will run 18psi... hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by flacopower
                  maybe you guys are right... just saying if a 14b can make 10's on a race car eclipse it can push me into high 12 low 13's... that's all i really want.

i still dont think thats right thou. most cars in the 12s are running fairly sized turbos...

thats how drag racing with a turbo works (outside of 1000hp cars)..

ur best bet is to catch up the time u lost (spooling) .. at the end of the track..

if u use a small turbo.. ur spool time and power will come on faster but die out quicker as the rpm/speed rises... where as a bigger turbo would take u longer to see full boost but would power through the powerband and maintain ur ass planted in that seat the entire way..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by flacopower
                    can you guys run 20+ psi on the f22 if you have a small 16g?? thats insane, you would probably need quite a build up. great thing about the 4g63T is that i can run 25psi on stock internals... although i won't, i am only planning on running about 13 or 14psi till i get 550cc injectors than i will run 18psi... hehehe

the motor setup is null.. the cb7 doesnt have to run 20psi to make the power of the 4g63.. (Boosted vs boosted)

the point is.. the 14b is still at 20+psi... way out of the efficiency of that turbo.. although u will gain power.. ur cooling system begins to fail..

this reminds me of turbo 2 rx7s and ignorant owners who ignored the cooling system on those cars...

id upgrade to a 16g over a 14b any day.....

wondering if there are any dynographs of eclipses stock for stock

t25 vs 16g
                    or
                    14b vs 16g

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16

t25 vs 16g
                      or
                      14b vs 16g
                      well the gt25 that mitsubishi used on 2nd gen eclipses is crap comapred to 14b moreover 16g. from sepnding much time on dsmtuner
                      and i think i already posted this but w/e
                      max efficeincy of t25 is 290 cfm lol , my leafblower can put out more then that lol
                      umm 14b is something like 460-490 thus there are 2 or 3 different versions of 14b
                      16g is 505 cfm and evo iii 16g is 550 cfm.
                      thus most 2nd gen owners consider 14b a worthwhile upgrade on their cars, and most 1st gen owners skip the 16g and go straight to 60+ trims. honeslty i have not seen 10s with a 14b on that forum, nor have i seen anyone running 25 psi on stock block on that forum
                      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

well my car isn't solely for drag racing... i like to road race too so i turbo that spools up later won't do me as much good. i just want something that will hold boost till redline (unlike the t25). 16g would require a new mani and dp along with upgraded fuel system which would kill the mpg on my dd... but to each his own... but interesting comment about the f22 vs. 4g63. but i am going to stop thred jacking i will start a thread where we can move our discussion!

Comment

16g and 14b both spool very fast and can use stock dsm and o2 housing.
                          10 psi daily driven i get 22 mpg city driven and 28 mpg on highway
                          h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                          New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

uberdata owns u

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by lowcord
                              side note to exhaust shops have the ability to make flanges?? jus curious havent called around yet
                              no most dont they have a small stock of standart ones. you will not find a flange for that rubo locally, i had mine made by Jims Fabrications in Lansdale,PA for 10$ plus gasket is another 4$.

Jim- 215-997-6851
                              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
                                16g and 14b both spool very fast and can use stock dsm and o2 housing.
                                10 psi daily driven i get 22 mpg city driven and 28 mpg on highway
                                see but you are going from over 30 mpg n/a (at least mine was) to 22mpg... that would mean i would go from 20mpg to about 12mpg lol. and although the mani and o2 are the same the dp is at a different angle...

Comment

Working...
                                X