Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Lowcords official boost thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DP angle is the same too lol, i ahd t25 first and then a 16g and no problema. my car never got 30 mpg. its very weird but my gas milage didnt decrease by much. maybe like 3-4mpg
    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

did you adjust the fuel curves?? bigger turbo needs more air and more fuel... you can't run a 16g on a dsm with 440cc injectors. well actually you can, but i wouldn't... the oil lines are different too

Comment

Originally posted by flacopower
        did you adjust the fuel curves?? bigger turbo needs more air and more fuel... you can't run a 16g on a dsm with 440cc injectors. well actually you can, but i wouldn't... the oil lines are different too
        umm yeah adjusted fuel curves a little, who said u cant do 16g with 450cc's lol. as long as you keep the boost at 10-12 you're good to go oil lines are teh same >> the fitting that goes into the turbo is different.
        h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
        New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

10-12 on 450s?? craziness.. as long as you have a way to watch your knock you should be straight. and you cb7er's have convinced me to ditch the 14b idea and go with a 16g.

Comment

Originally posted by flacopower
            10-12 on 450s?? craziness.. as long as you have a way to watch your knock you should be straight. and you cb7er's have convinced me to ditch the 14b idea and go with a 16g.
            Screw that, get a 60-1. You got a factory turbo motor...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
              Screw that, get a 60-1. You got a factory turbo motor...lol.
              lol i would if i didn't have that car as my dd....

Comment

lol yup thats what i run 10 psi daily. i have no boost controller to eliminate temptation..... 10 is what the WG is set to on the 16g.
                h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

ok now back on point here is an update of progress.

the cold side is completly plumbed in

the hot side as far as i can go until i get the ecu from eric then ill plumb the rest in had to remove power steering and cruise to fit the piping in the way i wanted it. 18's+no P/S= learning to drive all over ..lol its really not that bad

these arent the best pic but it does the job for now

incase anyone was wondering my front is messed up cause i hit a deer carcus on the interstate and it broke the kit in half so now im in the process of glassing it together wich is no biggy thats what i love about fiberglass its so easy to fix and change so now everthing is wired and plumbed jus waiting for the ecu to complete everthing else.

Comment

The 18's and no p/s aren't as bad as I thought they would be..that's what I have too. I would have been pissed about the deer though. I hope you at least got out and kicked it a few times even though it was dead.

Comment

the shocking thing was i got the entire car over it without blowing out my rear ???? amazing is all i had to say about that my car is only bout 4 in of the ground so i really lucked out. what happend was i was fallowing behind a truck doin bout 75 then i see blood spatter like a deer got hit then all of a sudden out from under this truck is this dead deer carcus i could even get over cause a car was next to me so i jus had to take it luckily the intercooler wasnt put on till later the passanger side floor was bumped up but i was able to hammer it back down so that was no biggy so like a said the amazing thing was that all it did was break my front. i dont know what was worse though hitting it or smelling the peices that got stuck on me exhaust pipeing.

Comment

wow dude. but hey i personally am not into kits, reprase that ... kits on our cars lol with nothing to fill that huge jdm intercooler space . but ive yet to see a bumper like urs. i think it will pretty hott when its painted and that big boy intercooler def makes a statement lol. good luck on ur proj.
                        h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                        New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

thanks thats what i kinda set out to do when i bought that intercooler that and i thought it would jus look cool to fill up that whole center gap wit shiny intercooler

also quick questoin dos anyone know the part number for the ngk 1 step colder spark plugs?
                          Last edited by lowcord; 11-23-2005, 08:50 AM.

Comment

It's exactly like stock except with a 6 instead of a 5 for the heat rating. On NGK plugs they get colder as the number goes up.

Comment

thanks for the info ill prob order them friday from autozone i doubt that they actually carry them around here

Comment

just a quick update i was installing the turbo last night and everything was runing great and LOUD i didnt have the downpipe on. but i noticed a little oil leaking coming from the t fitting in the back so i start to feel around and i touch the line that goes from the T to the turbo and bam it jus breaks off the fitting broke from the line and oil spued everywere. Sucked that was like 3am so i called it quits and tonight i think im goin to get some fuel line and use that as a temp fix to conect the problem area.

Comment

Working...
                                X