Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Help me pick out my turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me pick out my turbo

Which turbo...
    I cant make up my mind on turbos.
    big 16g, evo 16g, 18g, or 20g. I have to have a dsm flange and a internal wastgate. I hope boost creep will not pwn me.

I had a big 16g before but how do the others compare?

i like my evo3 16g...spools hella fast, feels faster than my 14b for sure.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
      i like my evo3 16g...spools hella fast, feels faster than my 14b for sure.
      Really? Anyway CBL, how much are you looking to spend? Obiviously 16g-20g turbos are going to cost much more than a 14b turbo. Heck, I bought my 14b turbo off ebay for 46 bucks and rebuilt it myself.

PS: What you could do is convert a 14b turbo to accept a 16g compressor fin wheel and housing to get the best of both world and keep it pretty cheap.

Edit: I just noticed you said nothing bout 14b turbos, but throwing out idea's.
      My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
        Really? Anyway CBL, how much are you looking to spend? Obiviously 16g-20g turbos are going to cost much more than a 14b turbo. Heck, I bought my 14b turbo off ebay for 46 bucks and rebuilt it myself.

PS: What you could do is convert a 14b turbo to accept a 16g compressor fin wheel and housing to get the best of both world and keep it pretty cheap.

Edit: I just noticed you said nothing bout 14b turbos, but throwing out idea's.
        What else is interchangable when having the 14b turbo?? Besides using the 16g turbo. Does 16g-20g and the 14b have all the same housings??

Comment

Originally posted by 92_ExaccorD
          What else is interchangable when having the 14b turbo?? Besides using the 16g turbo. Does 16g-20g and the 14b have all the same housings??
          Not sure about that, because the BIG16G and 20G's are TD06's I think, whereas the 14B is a TD05, you are in luch though, there are two versions of the 16G, the TD05 and the TD06 (the TD06 being the BIG16). They all may interchange, but I'm not sure exactly. I would think though that the small 16G and 14B would interchange for sure seeing as how both are TD05's...just my $.02...

Don't be mislead by everybody denouncing the 14B, it is a pretty good turbo from what I've experienced of it. It spools in a snap and 14lbs. of boost is surely enough to scratch your boost itch if you've never owned or driven a turbo car. IMO it is a good turbo and if you find a complete DSM set it'll also be the most affordable, best built kit for the money. All I'm saying is that a crappy 2.2 cavalier with a T3 can walk a 4.6 GT Mustang by 5 cars only running on a 7lb. full boost, imagine your superior F22A running on twice the full boost during a run (I wouldn't recommend running 14-15 psi daily)...so you might wanna look into this before judging on everyone else's opinions...again, just my $.02, which = up to $.04 tonight or in this single thread alone...I'm almost a millionaire, seeing as how thsese are MY 4 cents, not yours...insomnia ownz me.
          Last edited by KoNEY; 11-01-2005, 04:17 AM.

Comment

umm big 16g is a td05h bro, i got one. its a nice turbo, i would recommend it.
            h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
            New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by KoNEY
              Not sure about that, because the BIG16G and 20G's are TD06's I think, whereas the 14B is a TD05, you are in luch though, there are two versions of the 16G, the TD05 and the TD06 (the TD06 being the BIG16). They all may interchange, but I'm not sure exactly. I would think though that the small 16G and 14B would interchange for sure seeing as how both are TD05's...just my $.02...

Don't be mislead by everybody denouncing the 14B, it is a pretty good turbo from what I've experienced of it. It spools in a snap and 14lbs. of boost is surely enough to scratch your boost itch if you've never owned or driven a turbo car. IMO it is a good turbo and if you find a complete DSM set it'll also be the most affordable, best built kit for the money. All I'm saying is that a crappy 2.2 cavalier with a T3 can walk a 4.6 GT Mustang by 5 cars only running on a 7lb. full boost, imagine your superior F22A running on twice the full boost during a run (I wouldn't recommend running 14-15 psi daily)...so you might wanna look into this before judging on everyone else's opinions...again, just my $.02, which = up to $.04 tonight or in this single thread alone...I'm almost a millionaire, seeing as how thsese are MY 4 cents, not yours...insomnia ownz me.
              I don't remember excatly what you need to do, but you need a copressor fin wheel and a compressor housing have it machined a little bit and send it off to get it rebalanced. You get best of both worlds, quick spool and massive airflow. I saw a some sort of write up a while back, I'll try to find it.
              My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

be different get a PTE 50 trim. Don't have to worry about the engine blowing heat and pressure of the small dsm turbo's with that.
                Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by KoNEY

Hey man what kind of car did you have when you had the 14b turbo setup?? What kind of numbers you think i can get if i get it to 10psi, not an exact number but a range, because i know theres alot of other things besides the psi that would effect the numbers that will be put out.One more thing does the 14b turbo need a wastegate?? or how does taht work because seems to me that quite a few ppl is only runnin it at 8psi how are they controlling that??

Comment

Working...
                  X