Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

y are superchargers so unpopular?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

y are superchargers so unpopular?

y are superchargers so uncomin when it comes to imports?
    Last edited by Mike; 11-01-2005, 10:17 PM.

Old Ride-New Ride

Yeah in hondas there is too little room to run one. I would like to have one instead of this thing right now. (Actually hates his turbo at the moment)

Comment

Ive heard turbos actually can increase gas mileage, and i heard that superchargers make you get way worse gas mileage. and if you want to keep your car practical you would want to add horsepower and keep relatively the same mpg as opposed to using more gas for more power.
      Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

And superchargers rob power

Comment

Superchargers give instant boost tho. (Doesn't hate turbo this time around...just stealthmode )

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
            Superchargers give instant boost tho. (Doesn't hate turbo this time around...just stealthmode )
            so . . . in 8 minutes . . . you stopped hating your turbo? I think its a record.

anyways . . . superchargers are really popular with civics and tegs, mostly because ones that fit them are made. no supercharger that fits the accord is currently in production to my knowledge . . .
            -Mark-
            CB7
            CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
            Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

When it comes to superchargers on an Accord, it can be done. A roots style, like the Jackson, would almost be impossible because, as mentioned earlier, not much room between the head and firewall. Something like a Vortech, or Paxton would work, which are centrifigul. Just think of a centrifical as an accessory like an alternator. You can mount it inline with the accessory belt. You could mount it anywhere. Just make your self a bracket. I'm actually surprised that there isn't at least one Accord, as all that is really required is a custom bracket, different accessory belt, and some plumbing. Heck, even the Vortech on the Integra and Civic use a long shaft that goes across the front of the motor to drive the supercharger.

All forms of forced induction is going to hurt your gas mileage....if you are into the boost all the time. How do you make more power? More air, more fuel, more spark. Get into the boost, you add more air. Add more air, you have to add more fuel. But, if you can stay out of the boost all the time, your mileage shouldn't drop by much. Supercharagers are a bit worse than a turbo only because it is being driven off the crank.

Comment

yea ive heard that superchargers rob power but which is tru because its a nother paricite runing off a pulley...but if u think about it turbo is robbing power too because its disturbing the exhaust flow...so really both take away power but who cares, it adds muchhhh more power than it takes away anyway...correct???........and yea it makes sence that theres not enoph room for a normal superchanger but like lamsz said they make super chargers that have a shaft runing accross the front of the motor to the sc located on the left side of the engine...i dont see y more people use that it seems more secure than a turbo.

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
                  yea ive heard that superchargers rob power but which is tru because its a nother paricite runing off a pulley...but if u think about it turbo is robbing power too because its disturbing the exhaust flow...so really both take away power but who cares, it adds muchhhh more power than it takes away anyway...correct???........and yea it makes sence that theres not enoph room for a normal superchanger but like lamsz said they make super chargers that have a shaft runing accross the front of the motor to the sc located on the left side of the engine...i dont see y more people use that it seems more secure than a turbo.
                  honestly . . . this post was barely readible . . . but ill try to respond.

YES, its true superchargers rob power. but, you can get that power back by taking off your A/C and PS belts. there ya go, no more power than was being robbed before.

YES, turbochargers DO disturb exhaust flow . . . i mean you are putting a turbine in the way and basically making it do a 90 degree turn. but the gains you see when in boost make it totally worth it . . . and its not as much of a loss since your just using what before was "lost energy" to power the car.
                  -Mark-
                  CB7
                  CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                  Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                    so . . . in 8 minutes . . . you stopped hating your turbo? I think its a record.

anyways . . . superchargers are really popular with civics and tegs, mostly because ones that fit them are made. no supercharger that fits the accord is currently in production to my knowledge . . .
                    I think I just hated the Stealthmode all along. Just that the turbo is part of the problem...

Superchargers are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be. Its just like having P/S on your crank...Does anyone think P/S is bad...

They do not have nearly as much lag as any turbo. They do put stress on the crank thats equivalent to a P/S pump.

I even theorized that if we got rid of P/S, moved the alternator up where the P/S was, and used a Civic radiator, we can squeeze a nice Centrifugal Supercharger right there and run it through an intercooler. It will require the custom brackets. A/C will be gone too.

Comment

I think I just hated the Stealthmode all along. Just that the turbo is part of the problem...

Superchargers are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be. Its just like having P/S on your crank...Does anyone think P/S is bad...

They do not have nearly as much lag as any turbo. They do put stress on the crank thats equivalent to a P/S pump.

I even theorized that if we got rid of P/S, moved the alternator up where the P/S was, and used a Civic radiator, we can squeeze a nice Centrifugal Supercharger right there and run it through an intercooler. It will require the custom brackets. A/C will be gone too.
                      dude stealthmode is by far the suckiest of the suckiest. they never send the right shit.

Comment

this isn't a "hate on stealthmode thread" is it? besides, i've never had a problem with buying anything from him.

i wouldn't go as far as to say a supercharger uses "wasted" power, because turbos correctly use "wasted" exhaust gases

Comment

Originally posted by 90boostdaccord
                          i wouldn't go as far as to say a supercharger uses "wasted" power, because turbos correctly use "wasted" exhaust gases
                          I tried to read through all the responses...who said superchargers use "wasted" power?

Originally posted by 90boostdaccord
                          this isn't a "hate on stealthmode thread" is it? besides, i've never had a problem with buying anything from him.
                          No its not. It was a side note i made in a previous thread... You had no problems horray for you...
                          Last edited by KillerCam282; 11-02-2005, 11:45 AM.

Comment

I tried to read through all the responses...who said superchargers use "wasted" power?

No its not. It was a side note i made in a previous thread... You had no problems horray for you...
                            wow, someone edited their post, unless i was seeing things. oh well, and i saw the other thread, and have never had a problem with any products of his i've used, sorry to hear that you have

Comment

I never knew stealthmode was that bad and whats the deal about them not sending the right shit please care to explain.?

Comment

Working...
                              X