Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

4g63T vs. f22a, 16g vs. 14b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4g63T vs. f22a, 16g vs. 14b

ok a continutation from lowcords boost thread. wikked you said that a f22a wouldn't need to run as much boost to keep up with a 4g63T... how is that? i know that the f22 is rather torquey, but the 4g63 isn't exactly lacking. i was under the impression that stock f22ax's couldn't run more than 8 or 9 psi. so how could it run with a 4g63 running 18psi??

ur misunderstanding what im saying..

the 4g63 can handle gobs of boost because its block was built for it.. but the increase in power.. psi per psi isnt as great as the accord.. considering ur dumping 20psi into a car and its only running 15s... sorry to pull the proof but.. merediths dsm (mrx's gf) ran upwards of 19psi out of her t25 and ran it at the track.. 15.1 i think she ran something or other.. now.. 10psi on a cb7 gets it into the 14s.. u see the difference? almost half the amount of boost is required to get the same result.. and SINCE in fact half the amount of boost is required.. the turbo itself doesnt have to work as hard

less strain on turbo = cooler air.. etc etc.. we discussed this

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

here is another example.

when i did my dyno day. there was a VW GTi 1.8T there at the dyno with me. He was running 17 PSI. i was running 8psi

the numbers were as follows:
      f22-t, 195whp 215tq
      1.8t, 199whp, 211tq

he was running more than TWICE the boost i was

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

what he said^^^

cha-ching

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

It's all bout air flow really....
          My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
            ur misunderstanding what im saying..

merediths dsm (mrx's gf) ran upwards of 19psi out of her t25 and ran it at the track.. 15.1 i think she ran something or other
            wow something is wrong then because my car with only an intake lost to a wrx by two car length going from a stop to 100mph last night... and i beat my friends celica that ran a 14.7 from a 30mph roll... that should put me somewhere in the 14's... i know those aren't track times with slips but stock eclipses are supposed to be in the high 14's if i am correct... and you have to remember stock eclipses have a t25 that is pretty much maxed out when you buy the car. on my stock car it won't even hold boost past 5000rpms; redline is at 7000rpm, thus the reason i am buying a 14b. but don't get me wrong, I LOOOOOVE BOOSTED F22A's but i have a lot of respect for the 4g63. not trying to start shit, just trying to educate myself. and wikked and mrx you guys should check out the off topic link and tell me what you think about the 14b i plan on getting... it would be greatly appreciated

Comment

the idea is not that the 4g63 has less potential. all carlos is trying to say is that

psi for psi. an F22a will make more power than a 4g63. assuming everything else is constant

Comment

static compression ratios play a huge part in the power of each engine.

Comment

Is anyone forgetting that the F22 is actually larger thann the 4G63? More room for more air and fuel helps create more power too.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                    here is another example.

when i did my dyno day. there was a VW GTi 1.8T there at the dyno with me. He was running 17 PSI. i was running 8psi

the numbers were as follows:
                    f22-t, 195whp 215tq
                    1.8t, 199whp, 211tq

he was running more than TWICE the boost i was
                    well dont forget few things...
                    - k03 in that gti is barealy the size of a grapefruit lol
                    - 1.8 vs 2.2 22% larger engine then theirs
                    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
                      Plus you probbly had a bigger turbo, eh?
                      My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

If he was pushing 17psi . . . i would think he had a larger turbo . . . isnt 17psi WAY out of the optimum efficieny of that thing?
                        -Mark-
                        CB7
                        CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                        Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

i didnt forget that...thats my whole point...

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                            If he was pushing 17psi . . . i would think he had a larger turbo . . . isnt 17psi WAY out of the optimum efficieny of that thing?
                            people with dsm's run 20+psi on t25... so they obviously don't care about efficiency

Comment

Originally posted by flacopower
                              people with dsm's run 20+psi on t25... so they obviously don't care about efficiency
                              LOL I second that!

Comment

Working...
                              X