Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Front torque mount. Dont listen to me, use one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front torque mount. Dont listen to me, use one

Iv always told everyone. "eh your car will be fine without the torque stap". turns out thats not so true after all. sure your car will be fine for about a year and a half, and then your exhaust will fall off

at least its a good excuse to get a new exhaust. and i have a new torque strap ready to bolt on.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

is that the peice that connects where your lower rear tie bar connects?

Comment

exhaust falling off = No Fun

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordwagon
        exhaust falling off = No Fun
        no exhaust on a turbo car = fun

Comment

hmm never had that problem before oh well.

Comment

let me get this straight, it comes stock on an f22, but once you turbo and are putting out almost double the power its not needed?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
              hmm never had that problem before oh well.
              congradulations?

Comment

Quick question about the strap.... I had an idea that if you were just to fab something up and directly connect it, it would work well.... but, if you don't use bushings on it, does anyone thing that would have long term effects as well???
                BTW, open downpipe must've been fun for ya! Probably sounded sick!

Comment

not good.. come to maine and ill bend u an exhaust like mine
                  as for that silly torque strap, i threw mine away...but repaced it with a peice of chain

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

after not tightening my downpipe all teh way the other day, I ended up running open header on teh way to work... it sucked. talk about loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                      no exhaust on a turbo car = fun
                      cept for the nasty mess the exhaut fumes that make ur engine bay all nasty.

makes perfect since that it could do what it did since the engine is hopping up and back im sure the exhaust piping doesn't like moving up and down and forward somwhat all the time. good thing u got one ready to put on this next time around.
                      Last edited by Backfire32; 11-04-2005, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoDollar92LX
                        not good.. come to maine and ill bend u an exhaust like mine
                        as for that silly torque strap, i threw mine away...but repaced it with a peice of chain

Show me pics of this.

I wanna see the chain..

Comment

You didnt poly the other mounts. That could be most of the reason why your exhaust fell off. The engine had to be rocking under hard acceleration.

Comment

LOL

Comment

That chain sounds good to me......
                              Let's see how my F20 goes first without the mount.
                              No Honda There will be one eventually...
                              1996 Volvo 960 2.5i 24v autotragic

Comment

Working...
                              X