Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

deciding which BOV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deciding which BOV

Well I have been debating for awhile which bov is right for me.I want something load but not annoying, probably no soft swooshes. Right now Im leaning towards a dsm apexi twin chamber..... But what do you guys think.

Turbo set up so far
    cca Intercooler
    Evolution 16g
    550 cc Injectors
    Xs racing Manifold
    deta 272

If you like the sound of it then cool.

Comment

i just bought an HKS SSQV, it sounds amazing on my friends mr2. installed i have a 1g dsm which sounds sweet too, especially for the price.
      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

The HKS SSQV pwns. I got them on all my F/I cars...well the Z and the CB7.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
          The HKS SSQV pwns. I got them on all my F/I cars...well the Z and the CB7.
          yes it does
          h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
          New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

can you send me a sound clip from your cb7. That would be super

Comment

ill make one of my 1st gen bov that i will actually be selling which sounds pretty sweet.
              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

1g dsm for cost and it sounds good too and has better flow than the hks, I have an old sport compact car where they tested the flow of pretty much every bov. The 1g was one of the best ones even out of the aftermarket one. But if I was going for sound I would go hks, my buddy has it on his boosted del sol with a b16 sounds amazing
                ricers make baby jesus cry

Comment

i heard they werent that good quality but i gots me a Blitzz Super Sound Dual Drive.... wen ure not pushin it and jus cruisin, its a very subtle whooose, and wen your poushin it and crank up the boost, its more of lyke 2 high pitched chirps consecutively.... i think it sounds intoxicating, at least 2 me, but i also have heard the SSQV so i cant really compare....

Comment

Well i just bought the blitz double d. It better sound sexy or your dead cronicboost. I guess I can always do some trading

Comment

lol.. well lyke i sed, i never compared it to a SSQV, so i cant really garuntee itll be the best sound, but from BOVs that i'lv heard around here, i think its the most unique and it still sounds sexxyy as all hell wen u get on it.... and damn dude, if you would buy a plane tikket accross the country 2 come kikk my ass, you might as well get an HKS whyle your at it so you can just interchange it right on the spot if you dont lyke it..lol...

Comment

Originally posted by CBL
                        Well i just bought the blitz double d. It better sound sexy or your dead cronicboost. I guess I can always do some trading
                        Its his fault you bought something with no research. BTW, asking in a thread does not count as research. And it should sound good. I am sure Blitz has a sound clip on one of their sites.

Comment

oh shyt i jus rememberedd.... at the Palisades meet we jus had here in new england, travis (93accordexcoupe) took a vid of me whippin around the parkin lott... youcan hear the BOV pretty clearly... heres the link to the page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...5&page=1&pp=15 its on page 11... and heres the link for the vid

http://www.****.com/mauri/palisades2/DSCN0712.MOV
                          and as alwayss right clyck and save as.... you can hear it best wen i pass by Travis... and dont mynd the smoke lol... my valve seals are shott...

Comment

Good guy, good guy. Actually got the links for you...I like the HKS better tho.

Comment

i wanna hear the HKS once and 4 all... i also saw that you can purchase different tips 4 it to change up the sound as well.... i would probly try and make my own and see wut kynda crazy sounds i could create lol... but hey, if its really that much better, lyke you said CBL we can always trade or selll and upgrade!!

Comment

Working...
                              X