Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Help the newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help the newbie

Ok ok ok i know there is a buttload of turboing on the f22 and h22 and which is better but ok, im kinda confused on one thing, ok if i get an h22 and spend the money to make it PSI friendly will it do better than an h22 because it is DOHC, and if do a frankenstein head job on an f22 with a DOHC will i get roughly the same numbers as an h22, kinda confusing, im in a school library so im typing random, anyways, just wanna know so i can get my priorties straight cause i have an h22 waiting for me or i can keep my 206k f22a4. And lastly i have an auto and im looking to get a manual, looking at h22 with lsd cause of shorter gears and better accel, but f22 manual is nice cause of longer gears and less rpm during cruise.
    www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

id go with the H22 you wont regret it

Comment

"...If i get an h22 and spend the money to make it PSI friendly will it do better than an h22 because it is DOHC, and if do a Frankenstein head job on an f22 with a DOHC..."

Are you asking if you build a H22 Prelude engine for the b00st, will it make more ultimate HP than a built F22 Accord engine (older Prelude, Odyssey I know STFU )?
      The H22 has some cons: VTEC is a little more difficult to tune for. To run 6-12 psi you will need to replace the pistons for lower compression pistons (turbo guys, confirm?). The H22 is also more expensive to buy initially. However, when built properly I have seen one that makes 602 hp, 482 lbs trq.
      H22Sparkle is the man to talk to, and I forget there are several other guys with H22-T’s, I apologize for not recognizing ya’ll here, I just happen to know H22Sparkle off the top of my head.
      F22 however is cheap, very strong and does not have to be tuned for VTEC (not, F22b1 is SOHC VTEC). You can safely b00st to 8psi daily with bad tuning I believe.
      The engine to use is the F22B, a DOHC engine known stateside as the H23 (yes, the Prelude engine). Also you can very easily turbo the F22aX, and there are Accords making anywhere from 180-200 on average, and the other day someone posted their nearly 300hp one! And I *Think* I saw one that was black that was built very nicely making 400 hp but please don’t quote me, I could be wrong.
      Another advantage to the F22 is the transmission is also shorter (taller? I get confused) which is arguably better for some conditions, but that depends on the power band of your engine, just as in any car. There is not stock LSD however, so a Prelude tranny would be nice, if it can be bolted up (search it_ not sure). However there are companies, which make LSD for the Accord tranny (don’t know the tanny code).

So Cliff notes: H22 is expensive, needs to be built for more b00st. VTEC is harder to tune for.
      F22 is cheap, stronger, available everywhere, no VTEC.

** DISCLAIMER** I do not have a turbo, I do not know what I am talking about, you should not listen to anything I say, and um…. that’s about it. I hope some of this info helped man! The search button is your friend.

602hp, 482lbs trq H22T

H22Sparkle H22T

F22a4 T

F22 DOHC T

- Zipcreature
      Last edited by zipcreature; 11-11-2005, 12:57 PM.
      Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

^rofl^

anyways, zipcreature appearantly does know what he is talking about, lol, most of what he said was right on, he is just very unsecure about what himself, lol(like girls).j/k

an h22-t will make superb power if done right:
        that means that you get it resleeved, get forged internals, and get a good tune down. You dont HAVE to get lower compression pistons if you're gona turbo an h22, just, if you do, theres a smaller margin of error when it comes to tuning. It is way easier to tune when the compression ratio is lower. But you can always be brave and tune a 10.5+:1 turbo cr, lol.

a f22-t is a great way to start turboing for someone that has never done it before. since they have a lower compression ratio, there is less margin for error when it comes to tuning, however, there is always a chance that you can still blow up your engine.
        You can turbo the f22 for around 2k, and it will be able to take on most lightly modded h22's. And 2k is still cheaper than what an h22 would cost to buy and swap in.

but all in all, if you spend 4k on either an h22 or f22, dohc or sohc engine, building it up to make it uber boost friendly(like dutchaccord) the h22 will rule the others, only because it already has more power than any f22.

if you have the money to buy an h22, install it, beef it up, and still turbo, then by all means GO FOR IT, but if you dont, then its not recommended that someone that has little knowledge of tuning, turbo the h22. It's just no safe.lol

-jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Ok so it sounds like the h22 will give me alot of power, hmm but it will cost alot, i think when i get ill just try and get it to 350 hp cause anything higher than 400 is way too much for a FF car IMO. Plus im more into the twisties and drifting and dragging is ok just that it doesnt require as much skill as making lines on a track, anyways thnx for the info im gonna use it to my advantage and soon enough youll see me on world news, a 1990 accord dusting the cops in a 3 state wide chase lol- peace

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

oh yeah and there is no way im gonna run from the cops it was a joke hehe

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

nah, way more than 5k is needed. dutchaccord has spent 4k already, he still has to buy the turbo and everything else he needs to boost.so around 6k minumum for a beastly H22-T

Comment

well, see, thats the thing. You are doing as much labor as you can, so its good for you. But for this dude, it doesnt sound like he can do as much as you would be able to, so it would cost more, and your estimate was pretty close to 5k, so around 6k for the extra work that he wont be able to do most of the work(im just assuming he is not very mechanicaly inclinced, srry if i offend you)

anyways, ill just stop, lol. This is kinda stupid to be arguing about the price.lol.

(i mean me, not you ricky)

-Jose

Comment

im going to swap in an h22 with a standerd conversion, completely rebiuld the bottom end, fuel system, and ingnition system. im looking to have around 400+ hp but also getting prepared to spend $10,000+ dollors ...but i also dont plan on finishing next year.............(wat im trying to say is)u can do it slowy. just eather run low boost till u build the bottom end, or slowly build the bottom end to hadle the boost then boost it...
                  Last edited by Mike; 11-11-2005, 08:15 PM.

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Well i believe the install is ok just the mchining i s the hard part, you re sleeving and timing cause i dont have the eequipment, but as of installing and stuff, i can do that, but yeah 300-350 is my limit i would go higher but dont want to under steer so much, or peel out every time im in first lol, but that wont happen until years, peace

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

Working...
                    X