Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

My 1/4 mile time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1/4 mile time!

93 EX 4DR (full-interior,A/C, P/S), DOHC F22B motor, H22A tranny, T25 turbo, FMIC, Neptune, 9.8 psi, w/me 2,940lbs with 1/4 tank of 93 octane fuel, 16" Rota Circuit8's, 205/50-16 Hankook Ventus HRII's treadwear 320@24psi, 2step@3,800 rpm(about 5psi of boost), shifting@7,000 rpm, w/my 2 & 3 year old kids baby seats in the back! Ha ha ha ha!

Houston Raceway Park
    60ft. . . . 2.21 (spinnnnnning out!)
    330ft. . . 6.19
    1/8 mile. . 9.46
    MPH. . . . 76.15
    1/4 mile. . 14.627
    MPH. . . . 94.52

Has gone 9.20's in the 1/8th at Houston Motorsports Park 1/8th mile track. No dyno yet. Butt dyno says about 210 whp. More to come!
    Last edited by Gixxerboy56; 01-09-2006, 08:07 PM.

10 psi yields only a 14.6? im not knocking it, but i thought our motors would produce better results with boost. and i know that our motor is really the f22axx so someone please dont try and be cool and correct me.
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

He's also using a VERY small turbo. Look at the 1/4th mile trap...its about 2mph under what it should be cause it started running out of steam.
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
        10 psi yields only a 14.6? im not knocking it, but i thought our motors would produce better results with boost. and i know that our motor is really the f22axx so someone please dont try and be cool and correct me.
        how do you know its not the dohc f22b? could be, he didnt really specify.
        He also has bad 60 ft'rs, which if he can get down under 2.0, he might be able to shave off 1/10 of a second, also, we don't if what kind of tires he's using. and that small ass turbo is another thing that had to do with a longer 1/4, with a 14b, he might have gotten into the 14.4's or lower, i bet that lil thing is no longer making any boost at 5.6k-ish & up.

-Jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by StrungOutPunk
          Have you run your car? If you did what did you get? Your hitting the 250WHP mark. Im curious to see what you've pulled off.

-Pat
          T25...Um, no. 220whp max. MRX is right about his traps too. I would dump that Trash25 for a 16g at least. Stays with you till redline.

Comment

he has a f22b...not axx and he's using a h22 tranny when it would be more beneficial to have a f22 tranny and a super small turbo.

Comment

Actually the short gearing is a decent match for the small turbo. And his 60ft isn't bad its average. Getting below a 2.0 like someone said will not be on street tires. And to say he may gain an extra tenth of a second was just laughter Not doggin you out but you should go to the track more...it'd be alot more than just a tenth.

As for me...i never ran when the car was making the good power. My best at 8psi and somewhere around 200whp was a 9.2 @75 with a 2.1 60ft. on street tires before i tuned it. So i was about 48whp under during those runs.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

blow it mrx blow it.. slap the rammy on there..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

this thread makes me respect the guy running 10's on boost even more.
                  someone bitch about how its just because he has the money now and having money is no reason to respect someone.
                  go team go!

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
                    this thread makes me respect the guy running 10's on boost even more.
                    someone bitch about how its just because he has the money now and having money is no reason to respect someone.
                    go team go!
                    who are you talking about???

Comment

Originally posted by StrungOutPunk
                      I was talking to MRX in the post. Read again.
                      Eh.

Comment

i aint boosted yet so i must say --good job on the 14 second pass.

...better than my stock accord could ever do.

Comment

www.gotrice.com/justin
                          the link is down now, but i assure you, this car was insane.
                          Last edited by chessboxer; 12-09-2005, 10:50 AM.

Comment

no offense to you but could it be driving skills associated with it?? b/c thats maxima times right there
                            Back up and Give me 50 feet

Comment

^^^^^^^

Anyways Gixxerboy56, your doing good, but you won't have any top end with that small a turbo. Do you have things like a clutch and sticky tires already on the setup? If not those would help a great deal. Also look into filling the motor mounts and stiffening the spring rate in the rear more so than the front if you haven't already.

Comment

Working...
                              X