Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

My 1/4 mile time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by midnite racer x
    ^^^^^^^

Anyways Gixxerboy56, your doing good, but you won't have any top end with that small a turbo. Do you have things like a clutch and sticky tires already on the setup? If not those would help a great deal. Also look into filling the motor mounts and stiffening the spring rate in the rear more so than the front if you haven't already.
    It may help. However, you really cant ask for more out the T25. For DSM guys its actually an upgrade to go to a 14b.

Comment

the f22 tranny would help out on the traction somewhat as well as the trap speed. still its a t25 though, i'ld expect it to max out at that rpm. maybe upgrage to a t28.
      no flaming, just my $0.02.
      never the less, good job.
      what tedious question?

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_driver
        the f22 tranny would help out on the traction somewhat as well as the trap speed. still its a t25 though, i'ld expect it to max out at that rpm. maybe upgrage to a t28.
        no flaming, just my $0.02.
        never the less, good job.
        T3 and up would be more reasonable. You do not replace your hair dryer with a slightly bigger hair dryer.

Comment

My 1/4 mile time!

Thanks for the feedback! The T25 is DONE at about 5,600rpm! The boost actually drops as the rpm goes up. I've got an EVO 16G on the way! Got a few questions. Will it pull to 7,000rpm? What's the stock wastegate set for? What kind of whp&1/4 mile numbers should I expect to see? Is it normal for the center of the manifold to glow orange after a good thrashing on the freeway? My air/fuels are low 11's to high 10's & I've got no timing in the motor(like 12 or 13 degrees on the big end). Plugs look great (NGK 8's). Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

the maximas run high 14s low 15s stock thats what im saying
            Back up and Give me 50 feet

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxerboy56
              Thanks for the feedback! The T25 is DONE at about 5,600rpm! The boost actually drops as the rpm goes up. I've got an EVO 16G on the way! Got a few questions. Will it pull to 7,000rpm? What's the stock wastegate set for? What kind of whp&1/4 mile numbers should I expect to see? Is it normal for the center of the manifold to glow orange after a good thrashing on the freeway? My air/fuels are low 11's to high 10's & I've got no timing in the motor(like 12 or 13 degrees on the big end). Plugs look great (NGK 8's). Thanks for the feedback!
              my evo 16g holds the 10 psi the wastgate is set to all the way to redline from about 3200 rpms. be prepared to own 3.5 6spd maximas once u learn how to launch lol
              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

dude t25 is shit.. i have a 99 eclipse and it starts losing boost at 4500... my car is as fast at 3500 as it is at 7000... it sucks ass. bigger turbo, exhaust, and ic are in order. for me at least

Comment

Originally posted by flacopower
                  dude t25 is shit.. i have a 99 eclipse and it starts losing boost at 4500... my car is as fast at 3500 as it is at 7000... it sucks ass. bigger turbo, exhaust, and ic are in order. for me at least
                  LMAO...it's true, the dynos on DSM's are flat from like 4K. I've seen it.

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                  X