Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

compression test results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i pull the ecu fuse, no spark or fuel...i wanna see someone admit to not having disabled the fuel
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
      Some people may be forgetting to disable the fuel injectors when they run the test, which will definitely inflate the numbers.
      Really? Did not know that, thanks
      Originally posted by midnite racer x
      i pull the ecu fuse, no spark or fuel...i wanna see someone admit to not having disabled the fuel
      Good point!

But Antoine, why were your #'s @ 180psi? That's alot! Not to take over at all but here are mine on my F22a6:

Mileage: 92028
      Cyl #1: 162 psi
      #2: 164 psi
      #3: 160 psi
      #4: 162 psi

But everyone else's are pretty high as if they have zero mileage or a milled head or higher comp. pistons, yet they don't. I must be missing something or my motor is weak I appreciate the help, it's been on my mind for awhile!

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7

Good point!

But Antoine, why were your #'s @ 180psi? That's alot! Not to take over at all but here are mine on my F22a6:

But everyone else's are pretty high as if they have zero mileage or a milled head or higher comp. pistons, yet they don't. I must be missing something or my motor is weak I appreciate the help, it's been on my mind for awhile!
        180 is good, h22 have even higher i remember we teste my friends lude and it was like 200. also if 178 is normal, then 180 is only 2 psi off which could be accuracy of the guage or just a lil higher then normal. a bad sign is something like this 180-180-180-120 , where one or 2 cylinders are way off but if all are close to each other u shall be fine !
        h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
        New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

I got 190-195psi across the board
          My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

where did you guys get your compression tester kit?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

i got my kit at Autozone for like $30 or sumthin... i read 190psi across the board and i have my head milled 40 thousands over upping compression to around 9.3:1....

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7

Good point!

could even be carbon build-up making a little more compression...maybe i'll even retest this weekend

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                  where did you guys get your compression tester kit?
                  its not much of a kit lol it basically jsut a pressure gauge. pep boys, auto zone, advanced autoparts e.t.c should carry it 20-30 $
                  h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                  New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

compression test results

Man, everyones compression tests seem low to me. Just finished my test on my JDM DOHC F22B. I'm putting the mileage around 75K-80K miles.

#1: 210psi
                    #2: 210psi
                    #3: 210psi
                    #4: 215psi

Procedure: Drove the car for about a 1/2 hour. Pulled ALL the plugs. Had my buddy hold the throttle ALL THE WAY open and work the ignition. I've always let the needle jump 8 times per test to get the most accurate readings between the cylinders. By the 4th or 5th jump of the needle they were all over 200psi(higher than some H22's I've tested). Just seems a little high to me for a F22B. I've done this test about 3 times in the past with the same gauge to my car and it's always been that high. The motor has been boosted for over a year and I beat the hell out of it. The gauge is less than a year old(0-300psi). I bought it off the Snap-On truck and we use it on our all-motor and turbo race motors. Always been accurate when it came to finding a problem with a motor. Is this odd, normal, or am I lucky? I think the C/R is around 9.6:1-9.8:1.

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxerboy56
                      Man, everyones compression tests seem low to me. Just finished my test on my JDM DOHC F22B. I'm putting the mileage around 75K-80K miles.

#1: 210psi
                      #2: 210psi
                      #3: 210psi
                      #4: 215psi

Procedure: Drove the car for about a 1/2 hour. Pulled ALL the plugs. Had my buddy hold the throttle ALL THE WAY open and work the ignition. I've always let the needle jump 8 times per test to get the most accurate readings between the cylinders. By the 4th or 5th jump of the needle they were all over 200psi(higher than some H22's I've tested). Just seems a little high to me for a F22B. I've done this test about 3 times in the past with the same gauge to my car and it's always been that high. The motor has been boosted for over a year and I beat the hell out of it. The gauge is less than a year old(0-300psi). I bought it off the Snap-On truck and we use it on our all-motor and turbo race motors. Always been accurate when it came to finding a problem with a motor. Is this odd, normal, or am I lucky? I think the C/R is around 9.6:1-9.8:1.

And you'd be right it is high Should be sitting around 150 with a difference of no more than 20% from the lowest reading to the highest reading. High readings = carbon build up. Which is typical so it's really nothing to be hugely worried about you can try to do a carbon burn which is always exciting (you can buy the stuff from any local parts store) or not do anything about it (which is what I would do) Alot of times that carbon can be sealing more serious problems.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordwagon
                        And you'd be right it is high Should be sitting around 150 with a difference of no more than 20% from the lowest reading to the highest reading. High readings = carbon build up. Which is typical so it's really nothing to be hugely worried about you can try to do a carbon burn which is always exciting (you can buy the stuff from any local parts store) or not do anything about it (which is what I would do) Alot of times that carbon can be sealing more serious problems.
                        naw, its a DOHC f22b, they have about 9.5:1 compression which is about 190-210psi on the compression gauge. If it was any lower then he'd have problems. He's perfectly fine, a tiny bit higher than the 200-205 i normally see but nothing to write home about.

Comment

According to:

http://****.com/uploads/CB7Tuner%20F...ine%20list.mht

The JDM F22B is 9.2 CR
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

But how can the smaller engine have just about the same hp ratings with less compression and bore than the h23? Doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                              But how can the smaller engine have just about the same hp ratings with less compression and bore than the h23? Doesn't make sense.
                              EDIT: I am not so sure right now but my guess would be hotter cams. I had to mill my head for that 9.5 CR.
                              Last edited by KillerCam282; 01-19-2006, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChroNicBoosT
                                i read 190psi across the board and i have my head milled 40 thousands over upping compression to around 9.3:1....
                                I MUST be missing something, Rob^ has a good reason for higher #'s out of his F22a, the milled head. I'm trying to understand why everyone's F22a #'s (w/ 8.8:1 CR)are so high when brand new they'd put out at most about 180psi, 178 being standard.

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
                                I got 190-195psi across the board
                                I'm just not getting why Caleb's #'s are a good 10-15psi greater than standard #'s I know he has the F22a and stock compression I believe

Comment

Working...
                                X