Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

compression test results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compression test results

just trying to see the range of compression test results from the chosen, boosted few...i got 210K on the motor but haven't done the test yet so i am curious who's high and who's low....thanks all.

My Old Ride Thread

You want to be above 140 (160+ H23, 180+ H22), and you want it to be even; as in no more then 15 PSI difference between any of them
    Originally posted by DoctorCipher
    ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

i gotta do my test this coming week to see....i haven't seen too many posts with results so i figured i'd ask. i got the kit and got another motor lined up, in case....

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

I got 185psi all across four on 91 accord 118k miles "stock"

Comment

i got 150ish across the board on my f22 round 200k

Comment

Originally posted by Backfire32
            this gives me hope that my current motor will last til summer when i'm done building the other motor....i don't plan to jump on it all the time so i'm hoping low boost (4-6 psi) will last that long....

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

175 across the board here with 160k on it

Comment

A motor will run with 100 PSI compression, but it won't make much power, and probably burn a lot of oil (or have a lot of gas deposits in the oil)
                Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Backfire32
                  o yah my head was warped then to so it might be a little diff. now

Comment

180-180-180-180 here
                    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
                      180-180-180-180 here
                      same, 184k too
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

190-195 across the board...
                        My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Okay, I have a quick question: Is it something I'm missing but why are all you guys' compression #'s so high? Is it b/c you did your checks while being turbo'd? You wouldn't see any boost while checking compression or would you (thus upping the comp. #'s)?

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                          Helms manual info for F22ax motors:
                          178 psi Nominal
                          135 psi Minimal
                          28 psi Maximum variation
                          Examples:
                          hurricanedsm-185psi on all 4 @ 118K (stock)
                          prodigymb-180psi
                          midnite racer x-180psi @ 184K
                          92HondaEX-190-195psi

Why are these #'s so high being that 178psi is standard? These 4^ are all using the F22aX block w/ stock compression (I believe). I'm sorry for the noobish question

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by chile
                            this gives me hope that my current motor will last til summer when i'm done building the other motor....i don't plan to jump on it all the time so i'm hoping low boost (4-6 psi) will last that long....
                            it will trust me just make sure you keep up with the maintenance and you should be straight and boost conservatively heh like thatll happen lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
                              Okay, I have a quick question: Is it something I'm missing but why are all you guys' compression #'s so high? Is it b/c you did your checks while being turbo'd? You wouldn't see any boost while checking compression or would you (thus upping the comp. #'s)?

Examples:
                              hurricanedsm-185psi on all 4 @ 118K (stock)
                              prodigymb-180psi
                              midnite racer x-180psi @ 184K
                              92HondaEX-190-195psi

Why are these #'s so high being that 178psi is standard? These 4^ are all using the F22aX block w/ stock compression (I believe). I'm sorry for the noobish question

Dan
                              Some people may be forgetting to disable the fuel injectors when they run the test, which will definitely inflate the numbers.

Comment

Working...
                              X