Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

compression test results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Granite CB7
    I'm just not getting why Caleb's #'s are a good 10-15psi greater than standard #'s I know he has the F22a and stock compression I believe
    Idk why mine's so high, all I know is I did the test serveral time the way everybody says to do it, and that's what I got.
    My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Tested mine tonite. 160k N/A miles:

187-186-186-188

that was with about 10 cranks... they were all about 175s with 6 cranks then it just goes up by smaller and smaller amounts. Also my guage wasn't too accurate so my results are +/- 2 psi. There is only a mark every 4 psi so I kind of guessed on where the needle was... there is also a slow leak in the connections because I only make the adapter finger tight into the head. So if I waited longer to make a reading from the gauge that reading would be slightly lower than it was a matter of seconds ago because of the leaking pressure.

hold on to your butts

Comment

cyl
        #1 210 #2 200 #3 220 #4 220
        93 Accord H22A JDM 200HP

Comment

well i jus went out and bought a compresion tester yesterday and i was afraid to find out what my numbers were goin to be. cause im moving to texas april 21st and this could have screwed me up big time but i was relieved to find that all mine were 180( im runing turbo )

Comment

i have 170 psi on all four cylinders on a 290k engine, you need to disable the spark, fuel and have the throttle fully open. then crank the engine 7 or 8 times i don't remember

Big 16g Turbo/H23 Head Swap/TSX Projectors

Comment

180, 190, 180, 190...second try 180, 193, 180, 193, third test 180, 194, 180, 194 lol...i have a valve stem seal leak so everytime i restart the car a tiny bit of oil goes into #2 and #4 and raises the compression. Yea...i make more power everytime i start my car talk shit now bishes !
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Mines 195-190-190-195. I tested the motor before I bought it and got the exact same results 5 years and 70k miles ago. Also, a leak down test is much more accurate then a compression tester, but alot more expnsive and complex to use. I had about 2-5% leak down across the board. L8r all
                Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                01-01-2019

Comment

Tested today, dry test only at least for now.

170-175-178-164

That last guy is within the acceptable allowance so I'll let him go.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                  where you been, is something wrong?
                  i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

my f22a6 was 190-195 across the board before it quit working....

Comment

Originally posted by Clueless
                      my f22a6 was 190-195 across the board before it quit working....
                      Are you sure its gone?

Comment

I guess it felt it was best to quit while it was ahead

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                          Are you sure its gone?
                          Perhaps I should recheck it....been so busy with work and everything, haven't touched the car in a while.

Comment

Tomorrow I am going to test mine using a Sears gauge my dad bought maybe 20 years ago. The motor is completely stock. Should I take out the air filter and keep the air box open as to allow more air ? The instruction manual says to do it.
                            1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

Comment

yeah just remove the hose from the TB and hold the throttle wide open, I think I bound mine open with wire or something...

Comment

210 , 200, 200, 210 here
                                1992 Honda Prelude S - Swapped F22A6 - Turbo 16g Powered!

Mods: 3" Exhaust,450CC Injectors, DSM Manifold, DSM Ported 16g, Stealthmode Oil Line Kit, RFL BOV, JDM Black Housing Headlights, Clear Corners, Tinted Tails, Forbidden Short Shifter, Front Mount Intercooler, Chipped and Tuned P06 ECU - Tuned With Uberdata, Lowered 1.7,6 Puck Clutch"

PARTING OUT F22A1

Comment

Working...
                                X