Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Is it really necessary to sleeve a block for high boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it really necessary to sleeve a block for high boost

Hey I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if you have to sleeve a F22A1 to run high boost. I was told no as long as you had good strong rods. Is this true?
    Isn't it just so sexy http://www.myspace.com/forced93lude

I am not sure what the rods need to do with the Sleeves walking around in an open deck setup...

The F22's are open deck. High boost makes the sleeves move. Blockguard, filling and posting can eliminate the rocking phenomenon. However...its best to just resleeve, IMO. IF you want to rock high boost, its best to do a full rebulid.

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate that. I saw that Darton makes F22 sleeves I think that I might go ahead and get them. I already have pistons, rings, and rods on the way now.
      Isn't it just so sexy http://www.myspace.com/forced93lude

Comment

better safe than sorry . I know you dont want your motor rockin when it gets hot and when shit moves and cools it warps when theres too much pressure and heat involved.

Comment

i would rather just buy a h23 with a closed deck and call it a day. buy a set of good pistons/rods and your set. you can you use the exhaust mani from the f22 onto the h23.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
            i would rather just buy a h23 with a closed deck and call it a day. buy a set of good pistons/rods and your set. you can you use the exhaust mani from the f22 onto the h23.
            I would love to see how long this furnace would last. Then again appropriate tuning will need to accompany this. Well even with great tuning, this will still be a furnace. However, your reply is kinda confusing...are we still talking about high boost?

Comment

You dont have to sleeve it... But if you want it to last a while its in you best interest to resleeve. Either way without proper tuning its going to blow up.
              Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
              registration is free

Comment

with proper tuning you could get away with a block gaurd or soemthing of the sort but its always safer just to resleeve my friend has a b16 boosting 25lbs not sleeved and hasnt had a problem after multiple trips to the track.. so it depends on your budget and how much you want to trust the person tuning your car

Comment

Originally posted by 92EXProject
                  with proper tuning you could get away with a block gaurd or soemthing of the sort but its always safer just to resleeve my friend has a b16 boosting 25lbs not sleeved and hasnt had a problem after multiple trips to the track.. so it depends on your budget and how much you want to trust the person tuning your car
                  Block Guards are for Open deck Blocks. The H23 is closed deck. I say resleeve a H23, only because the sleeves have no real oil cooling. Dartons have plenty of oil passages in the sleeves to keep the cylinders cool. It helps keep the chance of detonation down as well as component failure. This may help you keep your cylinder head on your engine at high PSI. ARP bolts can only do so much.

Comment

^^^Thank you for adding proof to my point. What it boils down to is this...there is no cheap High HP build ups.

Comment

Working...
                    X