Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22 vs f22 fully built which is more reliable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 vs f22 fully built which is more reliable?

mang what do you guys think i'am about to go all out with the engine/turbo swap next year around july and i dont know which swap is more reliable in the 400 to 500 whp range ? opinions anyone!

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Originally posted by laz93se
    i dont know which swap is more reliable in the 400 to 500 whp range ? opinions anyone!

At that power? Neither, both will be on the ragged edge of destruction.

If you need that much power, swap in a LS2 or an LS7.
    2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
    Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
    1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Please take the time not only to search, but to browse around the race and member's rides forums, along with technical, swaps... and well the rest of the site - - look for guys like 2point6, midnite racer x, h22sparkle, AcclipseH23 .. hell just take a look at this thread: "im new to the accord"

or this one H22 vs H23 which talks about the h22, h23, and the f-series as well

there's two for a good start - and I trust you're bright enough to start clicking around from there -

pulling 400 out of either of these two is gonna be a job, let alone 5 and you're not gonna get there on stock internals - just read on and soak in the insight - we're here if after your own personal search you still have loose ends to tie up

for what you want to do, you're gonna need a LOT of knowledge and know-how... 400 doesn't just happen, hell 300 doesnt just happen - and the higher you push power, the higher maintenance your car gets, and the bigger chance for something to just break...

happy new year, and welcome to the boards
      Last edited by i'm the girl; 01-01-2006, 12:05 AM.

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

Affirmative. Reading through these forums helps, a significant amount. I, am a rather dumb individual, and now after the hours of reading and headaches I think I know what the heck is going on

Comment

good luck gettin 400-500....i dont mean to be a bummer but u need a lot of money, time, and motivation to do that.....that was my goal a lil while ago as well but then reality slapped me in the face, now my goal dropped down to 300...butttt itl be awsome if u do theres not maney cbs on here breakin 300 so best a luck man definatly have a progress thread when the time comes

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

do a search online for this.....there have been several f22's with over 500hp.....the highest i have seen was 700 hp range......that is with spray mind u. it can be done but the more hp u want the more $ u need to shell out. just a ballpark fig for what i am doing....for N/A 350hp 12:1 CR it is gonna cost me around 11k and take at least a year to build up. it will be 550hp with spray but that is another load of $$$$$$ so.....that is a seperate process. all the more power to ya if u stick with the stock block good luck and welcome!
            My members ride thread

Comment

yes i have searched in some threads like h22 vs h23 but i'am talking to an engine builder which he says 350 to 450 is more of a ballpark range for thr h22a.just needed to know what you guys think about reliability since it's going to be a weekend car because i already have another cb as a daily driver.anyways i'am not sure if i should go that route since he won't even guarante me some reliability even as a weekend car???

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

truthfully i dunno which is more reliable but i would stick with f22! i heart my F22 hehehe
                My members ride thread

Comment

stick with h22 higher compression is better for boost more power less boost and less ware on the motor!!!!!!!!!!
                  with low comp as in f22 means twice the boost and less power to meet up with a h22 plus u can spin a h22 to 7200 with no problems truss me i know ive had a h22 boosted there is no match to compare h22 to f22

Comment

Originally posted by turboh22accord
                    stick with h22 higher compression is better for boost more power less boost and less ware on the motor!!!!!!!!!!
                    with low comp as in f22 means twice the boost and less power to meet up with a h22 plus u can spin a h22 to 7200 with no problems truss me i know ive had a h22 boosted there is no match to compare h22 to f22
                    ...I do NOT own a turbo car, but I think you might want to clarify what you said. Higher compression is not your boosting friend, I know that much.

- Zipcreature
                    Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Sorry to burst your bubble, but when reliability is your first priority, high compression is not your friend. For reliability you want lower compression, not like 7:1 or anything but nothing over 9:1.

Higher compression is obviously good for making more power, and for better
                      boost response, but you also have to deal with higher octane, higher internal engine temperatures and a much much much better tune is going to be needed to stop detonation.

The Best Setup:
                      Sleeved bloock w/ forged internals
                      10:1 comp.
                      10psi boost
                      individual throttle bodies
                      fully ported head
                      crazy turbo cam
                      Full standalone EMS
                      100+ octane

The Reliable Setup:
                      Forged internals
                      9:1 compression
                      14.7psi
                      ported manifold and throttle body
                      ported head
                      stage 1 turbo cam
                      uberdata or hondata
                      91 or 93 octane

In my opinion, it's more reliable to run a little more boost than it is to run high compression and boost, especially if you're filling up at the local 7-11...
                      Sure boost and high compression makes more power, that's a given, but it will absolutely kill your reliability. Just my $0.02

-Kyle

Edit: OH! Plus, high revs is just another way to cut down on your reliability...and then there's the VTEC crossover that will have to be tuned....
                      Just too many damn variables. F22 is the king of boost.
                      SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
                      -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

so a stock h22a with about 10:1 boosted isnt reliable
                        compared to a f22a 8:1 and ur telling me f22a is going to make more power ? and reliable

Comment

Originally posted by turboh22accord
                          stick with h22 higher compression is better for boost
                          you didnt say stock h22. you said h22 with boost... right there your wrong. clearly he's new to turbos, so low compression is better suited for him because it will give him more margin for error, where as the h22 will be on the brink of exploding when hes boosting it, and it will likely die.

To answer the original question, f22/h22 will have the same reliability at 400hp. You'll have to do the same amount of work to the block and such to maintain that power, but with the h22 you will be able to reach your goals easier.
                          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                            you didnt say stock h22. you said h22 with boost... right there your wrong. clearly he's new to turbos, so low compression is better suited for him because it will give him more margin for error, where as the h22 will be on the brink of exploding when hes boosting it, and it will likely die.

To answer the original question, f22/h22 will have the same reliability at 400hp. You'll have to do the same amount of work to the block and such to maintain that power, but with the h22 you will be able to reach your goals easier.
                            hemm well for ur info h22 with a drag turbo kit i made 301
                            and i took out a degree of timing and made 291@ 10pounds and drove it for a year till i upgraded

u cant tell me u can do that with a f22 no way

and buy the way we are talking about boosted motors not NA
                            im say stock as in totally stock motor just with boost!~

and when u boost they will always die! just depends all in the tuner and the care of the person driving
                            higher compression mean less boost for the same power compared to a low compression motor more boost more boost more ware more heat! truss me there are alot of things that changes everything when u are talking about reliablity it just depends on how much u have for cash and whats ur goals hey if u want to boost a f22a do it but i dont think its worth the money and time
                            Last edited by turboh22accord; 01-03-2006, 02:58 PM.

Comment

I didn't say that an F22 would make more power, obviously the H22 with high compression would make more power at any specified boost, however, it wouldn't take double that for the F22 to make the same power. Reliability is all in the tuning and preperation and I wouldn't trust most tuners to tune an H22 on boost, especially with stock pistons and such.

I was just saying that for most people, an F22 on boost would be the safer bet, more margin for error with the lower 8.8:1 compression. 400whp is quite a goal, and can be obtained from both engines, in all honesty, if I was going to boost an H22 to 400whp, I'd drop the compression to 9:1 anywayz, it would be a real bitch to tune it on 91 with 10+psi and 10:1 compression...

Like I said, reliability is in the tuning and preperation. And nothing is 100% certain...

-Kyle
                              Last edited by F22Turbo702; 01-03-2006, 02:58 PM.
                              SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
                              -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Working...
                              X