Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ss autochrome big 16g evo turbo are they good to buy from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss autochrome big 16g evo turbo are they good to buy from?

what you guys think about this turbo http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

an feedback should i buy it from them seems like a good price thanks in advance also is it really a big 16g evo turbo?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=autochrome later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

well actually now that is not a problem with xspower turbos, just like in other post one recently, they don't come apart like that, that was a fake xs power turbo. xs power turbos actualy have once piece design so it can't come apart. Also i would like to say while they might not be exactly like the name brands "garret, turbonetics, etc..." i have seen 3 cars running there turbos now with out anyproblems at all. As well as on HMT u can read a article about how there is xs power turbos and ones that say they are xs power. If u really want to go cheap and have somting good tho just go to a yard and buy a garret turbo off a car and rebuild it.
      Last edited by Backfire32; 01-02-2006, 02:29 PM.

Comment

when it came time to buy a turbo..i dont think i could go the eBay route on that one

Check Out My Car

Comment

You'll get what you pay for with those companies, its up to you if you want to take the chance.

http://www.westcoast-turbo.com/turboa.html
          I'd look into other companies but thats my personal opinion
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

If you punch in Garrett Turbo on ebay you will get many turbos that sell at prices that compete with that SSAuto. I prefer Garrett because they are the number one manufacturer in the Turbo business.

My Personal Experience:
            SSAuto also has pretty crappy customer service. I was about to pick up a part from them but I did not need it any longer. I notified them and they sent one of the rudest emails I have ever read. With customer service like that, I would never be interested in any kind of crap the sell. Not to mention a decent amount of their stuff is crap.

Comment

Originally posted by xtr91accord
              when it came time to buy a turbo..i dont think i could go the eBay route on that one
              like he said^^ i dont think a turbo is the right part to cheap out on

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

You can go the Ebay route, but KNOW what you are buying.

Comment

Guys it's a 16g turbo it's a stock JDM turbo from the Evo 3's and a select few of the eclipses over there. It's being sold through SS it's not an SS turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordwagon
                    Guys it's a 16g turbo it's a stock JDM turbo from the Evo 3's and a select few of the eclipses over there. It's being sold through SS it's not an SS turbo.
                    no its a evo gt.. its a replica.. thats as far as i understand it.. go to the dsm's sites www.dsmtalk.com or www.dsmtuner.com and search on them...

Comment

there have been a few people testing these turbos on hmt with decent results with the newer products, and poor results with some of the other or older products as well, I was considering testing one out on my new setup, but I'll wait and see how the test come out one guy is coming up on a year now with no issues while otheres, well we've all heard the stories
                      ricers make baby jesus cry

Comment

Working...
                      X