Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

test of endurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

test of endurance

Well come late april i will be driving my turboed cb7 from Peoria Illinois, to Houston Texas. Reason why is im starting school at Uti in Early may so i guess we will see how reliable the turbo is for long rides but as time gets closer ill prep the car for the jurney (change all fluids mainence ex ex... and when i do arrive ill post up the whole ride and let you guys know if anything happens

Brad

that's good to hear cause i may have to drive mine from colorado to cali this summer and i'm a little anxious about the trip...i was told i'd just need to stop more frequently...as opposed to the 14 hr 1st leg and 4 hr 2nd leg i drove from cali to co in my stock civic...

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

10hr trip from FL to TN and back...on the way back we stopped for about 1hr to eat...no adverse effects. I've done many trips to SC, ATL, and south florida. Long trips really aren't really hard on a turbo'd car unless your trying to stay topped out at 140mph+
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Depending on how fast you want to move you should adjust the boost. If I decide to fly down to the spring meet I will do so on 3lbs.

Comment

well i wont be flying down there cause my parents are goin to be behind me in the uhaul, im glad to hear other people have takin long trips and it worked out good makes me feel better about doing it

Comment

^^^^very well put

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
              what good is an expensive setup if you have to baby it?

same problems with the h22a/h23 blocks.......if it can't do it's job, then it's worthless

i drove the shit out of my turbo cars and just maitained them.......if you have to baby what you have, then maybe you shouldn't have it at all...........or just get nitrous...on when you want it, off when you don't..........

have faith in your work or the work you paid someone to do......
              keep in mind that acclipse is gonna still be in the break-in period by the time of the meet.
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                so:

1) hasn't been driven

2) breaking it in for over 5000 miles

he's had that setup together and running for months hasn't he?

early '05
                New setup Ricky. Click sig. I may get that new built motor in there by the end of april if I hustle. So, I will need to take it easy for a bit.

Since the DHRacing stuff came up, I will be building the motor myself which means I will need to break it in myself. All the components are brand new parts, even the sleeves. If I dont hit 500 miles by the meet I will have to ease it the entire drive to the meet.
                Last edited by KillerCam282; 01-07-2006, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X