Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

cost to tune local shop quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cost to tune local shop quote

Hondata is $595.00 shipped.

Socketing is discounted from $90 to $35 if you purchase the unit through us.

Dyno tuning is $650 complete. Street tune, Economy tune and Power tune.

costly huh

$650 is pretty high....but then again, dyno time ranges from $75-$250 an hour. I would search around for a cheaper shop. I was quoted $350 for dyno tuning, with idle and partial throttle tuning included, and I thought that was a little high, but my tuner is the only guy in Vegas that people go to for Hondata, so it's worth that little extra. How well do you know this tuner? Any credentials?

-Kyle
    SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
    -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

^ http://www.trickengineering.com/

Comment

Not too shabby...but I still think that $650 is high, but if you do pay that much, it had better run smoother than stock.

-Kyle
        SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
        -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Damn, that is steep.

Comment

Originally posted by turboaccordlx
            Prices sound alittle high but haven't researched it much. You must be in the northeast? Are you in NH by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by turboaccordlx
              Hondata is $595.00 shipped.

Socketing is discounted from $90 to $35 if you purchase the unit through us.

Dyno tuning is $650 complete. Street tune, Economy tune and Power tune.

costly huh
              Which hondata are you talking about? I usually can order stuff like that for cheaper. And that $650 is a bit steep. I sure hope they do a good job.
              Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
              registration is free

Comment

looks like the price for hondata s300.
                Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

I say a street tune is best and get a gtec for the dyno and test it on the highway at night where theres no pedestrians thats what imma start doin and it works.

Comment

heh, i only charge $100
                    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                      heh, i only charge $100
                      Now you see why im bringin you over soon right heh fuck shops its who you know.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                        I say a street tune is best and get a gtec for the dyno and test it on the highway at night where theres no pedestrians thats what imma start doin and it works.
                        I dunno... I've always been more into dyno tuning than a street tune. I'm sure it works great but still.
                        Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                        registration is free

Comment

Working...
                        X